Author Topic: New member says Hi!  (Read 7485 times)

Lizard

Re: New member says Hi!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:46 am »
Mandy,
Somehow I missed this yesterday, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum as well and to say make sure you feel absolutely comfortable with your Dr(s).  I'm attaching a great list thread with a list of questions to ask the Dr's, take notes because its hard to remember everything.  I had a friend come with me and basically be my scribe.  Add your own questions to the list and it will help you to cover a vast majority of the questions you may have or yet to come up with.  Also, make sure you speak with a nurse about calling in to ask further questions, you want to make sure you have a Dr who is there for you. 
I agree thank God for the rocks we call our husbands, squishy as they may be : )
Welcome to our family, we're here for you!
Liz

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=12217.0
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Brewers7

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 02:20:39 pm »
Mandy,
Welcome and prayers from Mississippi.  Susan
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

6pick

• Light a candle rather than curse the darkness.
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 11:47:41 am »
Mandy, welcome.

I would have liked to welcome you sooner but I was pretty out of touch and neck deep in some personal business.

So, welcome to our club, glad to meet you, sorry it's under these circumstances. Finding this forum was a huge relief for me in the way I see it's becoming for you: finding others who "get it". As others have said before, rant, rave, cry, whine, but be sure to laugh, smile, joke and understand that your life has changed - not necessarily for the worst - just changed.

The only other advice I'd throw out at this time is be sure you check out all of your options.

Mark
5/21/10 diagnosis: Left side AN: size 25X17; tinnitus with variable volume, garbled word recognition, disequilibrium.

10/11/10 CK treatment@Stanford; Drs. Chang, Gibbs, Lieberson size 25 x 20 x 15 mm

4/24/12 size 23 X 20 X 15 no hearing change