Author Topic: Dr. Anil Lalwani at NYU --- any info?  (Read 5639 times)

AN?

Dr. Anil Lalwani at NYU --- any info?
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:39:54 am »
Hi :
I have been recommended by my ENT doctor Dr. Edelstein at Manhattan  Ear, Nose and Throat to see Dr. Anil Lalwani at NYU for my AN (which is small now! 5mm). I was wondering has anyone met Dr. Lalwani for AN here?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Dr. Anil Lalwani at NYU --- any info?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »
HI An? and welcome.  I"m sorry I don't know Dr. Lalwani.   Not sure if you also tried to Google him and check your online State Board of Physicians Registration as well.

Hoping you find the info you seek.
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

AN?

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:33:45 pm »
Hi Phyllis:
Thanks for the reply. Actually Dr. Lalwani is chairman of Otolaryngological dept and with speciality in AN surgery. At least thats what is written in NYU website (http://www.med.nyu.edu/clinicians/lalwaa01.html) . This is where I became a bit confused as he seems to be an important person as he is chairman but I didn't get hos name anywhere in this website!! I am seeing him on Wednesday, may be I should give a feedback how I felt about our meeting.

al

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 07:10:18 pm »
Hi

I was recently diagnosed with a 1cc an and am now looking for Drs.   I have an appt with Dr. Lalwani Friday.  Did you see him?  What did you think?  Please reply.  I also saw Dr. Selesnick and thought it was very good, but does not take my insurance.  I also have an appt with Dr. Roland next week.  Have you seen him? 

AN?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 11:05:17 am »
Hi al:
yes I did see Dr. lalwani and he is very thorough and good. I liked him a lot, He also explained to me the physiological situations now and what to expect in future which gave me lot of insight in whats happening in my head there. I didn't see Dr. roland, but I know someone in this forum has got surgically removed her AN by his team with dr. Golfinos and they were [retty happy with the team.

Best wishes

al

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 11:34:50 am »
Hi an,

Have you decided on a doctor to use?  Which other ones have you seen?  I've heard really good things about Dr. Roland and spoke to some who have used him. He also takes my insurance which is a plus.  Hope I like him on Monday.  Do you know anyone who was operated on by Dr. Lalwani? Are you choosing him?  He also takes my insurance.  It seems like most of the people I spoke to used either Dr Roland or Dr. Selesnick. 

I have no other doctor appts, but really want to get this part over with, just knowing I have my surgery scheduled.