Author Topic: Improvements to this message board  (Read 1765 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Improvements to this message board
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:24:24 pm »
Hi all,

I find this site excellent and so do a lot of others. I think its time to see about a tweak or 2. This thread is about making some suggestions to the moderator about imoprovements / changes to this site. I did write to them a while ago about my suggestion (which i will spell out here). Can you please identify changes to this site that you'd like to see. For effectiveness, please keep the request short and to the point. i will email the moderator advising of this thread and for them to monitor it.

A separate folder called Questions To Ask which could have sub folders. the questions to ask would be pre surgical options, pre radiation options, post surgery headaches, facial paralysis, dry eye etc.

The posters to the board would send to the moderator, the various questions to be put into the folder but would be posted by the moderator in a list form. This way you don't have to search through multiple posts.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

russ

Re: Improvements to this message board
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:33:58 pm »
Hi Laz

I emailed Judy at the ANA several months ago asking that an NF-2 section be included in the web site. So far, no change...
  I've no other immediate suggestions thus far. Maybe a 'teens' corner or area where off topic subjects can be brought out?
  Take care...

Russ

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:13:02 pm »
How about a technical section on how to set up your profile and post pics.Also how to start a new thread and where you should do it.
And a Newbie section titled, "let us get to know you" We miss a lot of newbies cuz they start posting in the midst of another thread.
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 07:32:58 pm »
A treatment date section would be great too.  It'd make it a easy reference for those of us that like to send cards rather then having to go to other sections of the site..  This way we'd be less apt to overlook someone.  It wouldn't need be to fancy, just a section where someone could post where, (which medical facility) and address if known, date of treatment and name.

Best to all
Raydean 

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.