Author Topic: Botox #2 - Done!  (Read 4116 times)

kma

Botox #2 - Done!
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »
Had my second session of Botox injections this week.  My doctor turned around and looked at me after he was done and said...."you didn't even flinch".  Sticking a needle in my head is the least painful thing about the entire AN experience and is definately much less painfull than the headaches.  Bring on the needles I say!! 

Made it ALMOST three months on the first set of injections and am hoping to make it that long....or even longer with this second set.  Took almost a week for the first set of injections to kick in ~ looking forward to the kicking in of this set too.....crazy headache this week!!  So happy that something works and that I can keep pain meds at a minimum. 

JOY JOY JOY.  xoxo  Kathy ;D
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!

Lizard

Re: Botox #2 - Done!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:49:30 pm »
Congrats to you!!!!!!  How funny is it that we don't mind being stuck all over with needles just to get relief from our headaches.   :D
I've been told that they compound on eachother so hopefully you have even greater relief than the first round.
Congrats again!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 02:00:06 pm »
Kathy ~

Thanks for sharing your joy.  It's quite moving to read about an AN patient that suffers with headaches and finally obtains relief - along with the elation that relief brings.  May even more headache-free days be in your future!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:49 pm »
Kathy~
I was just wondering how you were doing with the headaches yesterday (I saw your old post)...hope this round is even better!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:10:28 am »
This past week the FDA officially approved Botox for therapeutic treatment of headaches, so now the insurance companies will have to pay for it!  I couldn't get it until I got on disability and with it, was able to purchase affordable Medicare insurance, which approved Botox treatment, but it did take about 3 months to get approved for it.  My doc did all the negotiation with Medicare for me.

Botox is definitely cumulative and each treatment works a little better and lasts a little longer than the last.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:39:05 pm »
Capt Deb, I heard this, but wasn't sure if it took affect right away? 
This is great news!  I'm sure the neurologists will be pretty happy as well...I haven't tried it "yet", but its on my list of things to try  :)
Kathy,
Hope your Botox is taking affect and the head pain has diminished.

Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

kma

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:10:33 am »
Hi everybody.

Boy, the weekend was rough.  I had a killer of a headache both days.  Tomorrow will be one week that I had my Botox so I'm hoping (EXPECTING) it to kick in soooooooooon.  I just spilled my Diet Coke all over my arm.....so, I'm thinking that was my bad thing for the day....so, now the Botox will HAVE TO kick in today to even the good and the bad out.  It's my logic.
The only thing that freaks me out sometimes is the 'WHAT IF" he didn't get the Botox in the right spot.  That would mean I will have 3 months without relief of the Botox until I can get my injections again (it's once every 3 months).  I try to push that thought out of my mind.  Just a normal case of anxiety I guess.

I'm happy to read Cap'n Deb's post about Botox finally being approved for head pain.  That will be a true blessing for many many people and I am thrilled.

Well.....off to try and dry my arm off.  Soggy sweaters just don't cut it!!

xo : ) ~Kathy
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!