Author Topic: BAHA Surgery today - Piece of cake  (Read 12281 times)

ksiwek

Re: BAHA Surgery today - Piece of cake
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:38 pm »
I giggle everytime my husband touches the abutment while putting on the bacitracin!  Only us SSD folks could know the beauty of that sound!

My wound is taking a bit longer to heal due to some skin separation on one side of the flap.  Boo for that, but the other 2 sides look great!  The skin on the top side of the abument is really trying to grow up over the abutment.  This makes me sad as I hope that I will still be able to get the processor on with good sound quality.  I really do not want to have revision surgery or the like.  Keep your fingers crossed!  The Dr said that we would wait and see...so that's what I will do!  I asked him if I could just push the skin down..but he said no  ;D  Staying positive!!!!

Cheryl...AWESOME news!  6 weeks seems so close!!!  Yay!!!!
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA Surgery today - Piece of cake
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 12:07:48 pm »
Hang in there, Kris.

I'm confident things will work out in the end.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways