Author Topic: 18 Hours  (Read 2943 times)

Karla83401

18 Hours
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:26:57 pm »
And counting. . . soon she's back home to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't think I'll sleep at all tonight.  It feels like the night before Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Battyp

Re: 18 Hours
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 09:18:36 pm »
OH MY....it's not long now!  How does your mom feel about getting on that plane?

Let us know when she gets home!

Karla83401

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:37:08 pm »
She hasn't said too much about the plane ride.  I guess I haven't asked, either.  Kinda rude, huh?  But my bro will be with her, so if anything goes wrong, he's right there with everything they need.  And mom went and got a neck pillow for the plane home, hoping it helps.  She has been sore.  We're down to 16 hours.  They need to be at the airport at 5:30 their time.  I can't imagine that early will be fun for her.  Oh, and she's stocked up on gum, since she can't pop her ears.  Maybe she is a little nervous.  What's it like?
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:41:23 pm »
I didn't fly post op..I only drove 3 hours and it was horrid!  I was not allowed to have to pee as I had no balance and my mom threatened me since she didn't think she could help me from the car into a bathroom  LOL  I was allowed NO liquids until I got home  LOL

I hope things go smooth for her!  The neck pillow will def. help!
She's not flying alone? 

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:55:36 am »
Andrea
As an alternative to mashed potates, you could make what I call Mrs. Niki's Train Wreck taters!
I made 'em for Dr. Love and he ate 'em right up and loved 'em!  WWWWWWWAAYYYY easy, too. Here's the recipe:

A bunch a lil' red taters
A head a garlic
salt
pepper
olive oil
fresh chives, parsley or any green herbs ya like!

Pour a little smidge of olive oil on the garlic and wrap it in tinfoil and throw it in the toaster oven on 350 for 1/2 an hour.  Meanwhile throw the taters in a pot a water and boil on medium till they're kinda soft and will moosh up good.

Put the taters, as much of the roasted garlic as you care to tolerate (it's nice and sweet-tasting and not at all stinky) snipped herbs (or not) about a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl--now WRECK 'EM! That's right, just take a tater masher and give 'em a coupla good mooshes and wreck 'em right up! As much or as little as you like!
These are nice and healthy and will slide right down yer Ma's gullet!--very hard to chew after Middle Fossa!

Captain Deb
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:18:08 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:33:48 pm »
Just put my own Train Wreck Taters on and decided to kill some time. Dr. Stefan will know she is travelling and hopefully he'll give her a little something for the trip. Also the airlines need to be notified that they will have a wheelcahir patient onboard and they'll have a chair at the check-in and at the gate when she lands--they are good about that one.They wheeled on right onto the plane for me!

The plane ride wasn't too bad, but I was 4 weeks post-op-- BUT I was alone, which wasn't fun. I got myself good and Valiumed up and had folks talk their way through security and meet me at the gate. Popping ears wasn't a problem with the chewing gum.  I was just so happy to be home! But then I flew to FL 2 days later to learn to walk again--we live up in the mountains and it was February!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW