Author Topic: found out yesterday  (Read 17204 times)

fav

Re: found out yesterday
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 08:42:38 pm »
hi delgrad
that's  encouraging news.
how big was your lump?
mine went away for a day then came back a bit bigger.. it has gone down since i started wearing an ace bandage on it.
thanks
dan

fav

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 08:43:59 pm »
moderators, please feel free to move this thread to Post Op.
thanks
dan

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 05:34:49 am »
moderators, please feel free to move this thread to Post Op.
thanks
dan

Dan

No need as the basic topic is in line with it's current location (Pre-treat) although it may have gone in a different direction.  Suggestion is to continue your "journey" here in the "Post-Treatment" section/forum

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

opp2

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 08:58:46 am »
Hang in there kid...it's tough to have a complication develop after surgery....I'm thinking of you...
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

smiley

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 11:44:52 am »
Dan,

From what I remember it was in my opinion a pretty good size lump.  It almost felt like half of my head was lumpy on the side of the surgery.  The HEI doctor was pretty casual about it, which actually put me at ease.  He scheduled a follow up appointment a couple of weeks later and by then it was gone.  I never iced it, I just left it alone and that seemed to do the trick.

fav

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 11:59:53 am »
thanks degrad.
i am glad it went away in 2 weeks for you.
mine try's to go away but comes back, its been 5 weeks for me but i am going to continue to wait as i really don't want more surgery.
i am really careful not to overdo it now.
i know all about lifting limitations, but i am curious to know what the doctors of other patients here told them about sex. OK or not OK?
best  ....dan

kzepol

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:32 am »
hello all,
i am glad i found this place.
after experiencing sudden hearing loss (total) 10 days ago an mri found a 2cm tumor on the eighth nerve.
the ent wants this addressed asap as do i.
my insurance co will not approve house clinic but has reffered my to a dr. jeffery harris i believe from scripps.
anyone know of him?
thanks

kzepol

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:49 am »
Hi everyone!
Very much a newbie and making mistakes in trying to navigate this forum but want to say hello and how grateful I am you are all here. I lost my hearing within 6 weeks of going to the dr. for a "stuffy right ear." Thought it was water but learned it was to become tinnitus, the 24/7, roaring, not ringing, kind. That was 5 years ago! MRI was done as well as CT scan but no tumor detected. Last year I started to panic and thought I might be losing my hearing in my left ear. A friend suggested the House Clinic and Dr. House strongly recommended another MRI which Kaiser did not want to do but I insisted. Now, my Kaiser dr. says he is so glad I had this MRI done as it shows an AN but he wanted a better MRI which he says looks like an intracochlear an and now he wants a CT scan.
I'm having a VNG study tomorrow. I have recalled that 6 years ago, before tinnitus and hearing loss, I was constanstly losing my balance but I don't have that today. However, the dr. seemed certain my balance has been effected
I have so many questions and so much more to learn from all of you. At this stage, I want surgery - not radiation as I want this thing out of my noisy little head. I look forward to your feedback, karen