Author Topic: Waiting for surgery- weird dreams  (Read 1348 times)

Suebedo

Waiting for surgery- weird dreams
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:58:48 am »
Surgery in a few weeks - Sept 30. This morning I woke early and fell back asleep. Had the worst dream that I was trying to get out of bed and kept having dizzy spells and couldn't do it. Pretty weird; I have had some dizzy moments but nothing like that. Less than three weeks now, this has to be the longest month.
Diagnosed with AN June 10, 2009. Mid fossa surgery 9/30/10 at University of MN. Tumor over an inch at that time. CSF leak after surgery. Eight years later, regrowth. Starting the decisions all over again.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Waiting for surgery- weird dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:56:54 am »
Didn't have weird dreams myself - I had a very nice feeling of peace and calm; even leading up to being wheeled into the OR and waiting to be "knocked out".

There was just something about finally making my treatment decision and knowing that my tumor would be removed soon. 

I think the dreams are pretty normal though; obviously lots on your mind these days.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Waiting for surgery- weird dreams
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:52:29 am »
Sue .....

I think the weird dreams are very normal pre and post surgery.  I still have them when I nap during the day ...... have about decided to skip naps because of this.  My thinking is they occur when I'm only barely asleep and my brain is on overload rearranging many thoughts.

So, you have much on your mind these days.  Try to focus on family and friends and doing fun/pleasant things to balance out the brain activity.  It helps to busy yourself getting things in order to make it easier when you first come home (major tasks done, maybe preparing and freezing some quick meals, etc.).

Best thoughts and prayers for quieting your brain.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011