Author Topic: 20 years of dry eye  (Read 3270 times)

Jims AN

20 years of dry eye
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:53:34 pm »
I had a large acoustic neuroma at the age of 28 in 1985 and a recurrence in 1993 (much smaller) and I am still looking for relief for my dry eye. I started out with the corner of my eye stitch shut for many years until I got my first gold weight 1.6 grams in 1994 and my eye never did close or blink right. Over the past 3 years the Doctors have tried 3 different gold weights a thin 1.6 g, 1.8g, and the last in March 2005 2.2g. My eye is now closing better but I can feel the heavy weight on my eye ball and it is very irritating. Seen my Doctors in Pittsburgh this week and they don't know what to do next. The one Doctor told me that there should have been a gold weight put in my eye lid as soon as I had my first surgery. The eye lid muscle had too much time to get strong holding the lid open. I am now on Restasis eye drops that are suppose to increase eye moisture and Acular. For years I have used Lacri-Lube at night and Tears Naturale all day long (I work outside) I do like the post about a patch made out of a sunglass lens. I have made a moisture chamber out of plastic wrap and it works well. I guess there is just not the perfect answer to the dry eye. If any body has one please share. The best advice I could give is  get the gold weight it does work.

Russ

Re: 20 years of dry eye
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:33:53 pm »
Hi
  Have you had your "punctum" plugged to stop some of the tears draining away?   -Russ