Author Topic: Weird Memory Glitch  (Read 3973 times)

arkansasfarmgirl

Weird Memory Glitch
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:17:18 pm »
It seems I am all the time coming up with some odd happening...  Today, I have finally come to the realization that I have a memory problem.  My mom kept trying to tell me this, but I chose to think she was getting senile.  haha 

Anyway, it's not a typical case of forgetfulness.  It's that after my vivid imagination imagines a conversation I want to have with somebody, or something I need to do, afterwards, I can't tell the difference in a real memory and a fantasy.  In other words, I think that it really happened and it didn't.  It feels like it did, feels like a real memory.  I absolutely can't tell the difference.   I can even tell the other person what they said back to me, where we were, the look on their face, and they just look at me like I'm insane--which I guess I am.  LOL

Has this happened to anybody else, or am I the Lone Ranger here?  Any advice on something I can do to improve this?

Vonda

Kaybo

Re: Weird Memory Glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:05:37 pm »
I do this too...I can't tell you how many arguments Dave & I have had b/c I SWEAR I told him something!  Now, I just start with "Did I tell you this already?"  ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:05:48 am »
Well, I always thought this was the way women think. haha.

Anyway. Psychological. Your fantasty world is bridging to much into the real world. I have seen people and myself do this way more than we want to admit. Like you called the phone company. And got a rude operator. And you tell your friends how rude the phone company is and that you hate the phone company. When its the rude operator that the phone company had no control over. Only that they can fire that operator after the fact. Or you get in to a fight with someone and everything that they have done to you, you dwell on. When before the fight you never gave it a thought.

Spiritual. Your having de javu. Here is a blog on the new finding about the FULL 6 seconds of brain activity before you make a choice. So there is small scientific evendance of de javu.
http://www.aikidojournal.com/blog/2010/07/08/six-seconds-of-precognition-by-nev-sagiba/

Yes there are allot of things your Brain can do to play tricks on you. If you get in to the world of eyewitness accounts of a crime. OMG people are off in never never land with the elaborate stuff they come up with. You can have 3 people see the same crime and get 3 different accounts.

So I would say not to worry about it too much. Because if you do get to the point that your crazy. I'm sure people will let you know. And the rest is just part of the human experience.

And yes there are a few things in my life that I can't make fit right in my brain. But there is nothing I can do about it. But live on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:08:58 am by Funnydream »
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:30:18 pm »
I don't talk to myself or fantasize about talking to people ... but I do carry out conversations in my head with people before bringing a touchy subjects ...kinda plan out what I want to say ...I know this is a fine line ... but anyway ... when time comes to have the for real talk sometimes I wonder if I have already made a point or if it was only made in my practice session ... so when something comes to that point I do as K said and asked did I already say this
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery