Author Topic: Dry Skin?  (Read 1689 times)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
Dry Skin?
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:12:09 pm »
This might sound kind of weird, but it has to be a symptom of my AN surgery. Ever since my first surgery in 10/04 I have extremely dry skin on the side of my nose and on the skin under my eyebrow on the left (AN) side. I put lotion on the area 2 or three times a day but it still get's pretty bad. I'm only mentioning this because I've never heard of this before on any AN boards, but this was never an issue for me before my first surgery. Not sure what it could be, but I'm wondering if maybe there is a nerve in there that controls that kind of stuff that could have been damaged? I keep forgetting to ask my doctors, but if anyone has any ideas or similar conditions I'd love to hear about it. Totally not a big deal (a little dry skin) but I'm just wondering why it's been happening in these two spots daily since my surgery 2 years ago.

Thanks!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Dry Skin?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:19:25 pm »
Not weird at all!  I had a very red  bumpy rash  on my cheek on the AN side for about 3 years and it disappeared about the same time my headaches subsided. Go figger!!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: Dry Skin?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:40 pm »
Sometimes what people think is dry skin is just dead skin cells that haven't sloughed off...I wonder if that could be it...some information is now not getting to some nerve to tell the skin to fall off????  Anyway, try exfoliating.  If that aggrivates it, then maybe you have some ecxema.  I've heard that washing the skin with some Head and Shoulders can help. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar