Author Topic: Dizziness Handicap Inventory results "what's you number"  (Read 11214 times)

cindyj

Re: Dizziness Handicap Inventory results "what's you number"
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 07:24:43 am »
I scored a 32, but really struggled w/ some of the questions...to me, a person's attitude or frame of mind or outlook on life plays a big part in many of the answers (glass half full or half empty thing).  For example, the question about whether I've been embarassed by my "problem" in front of others.  Well, I suppose I could be embarrased about some of the silly moves I make, but I'm not...I don't even think about them really.  Also, am I "afraid" people may think I'm intoxicated...strangers may wonder if I am at times, but I'm surely not "afraid" if they do...I know I'm not - it's not that big a deal to me, but to some, I suppose it might be.  Some of the questions definitely were easy to answer, such as does walking up and down the aisle in a store increase the problem, but many of them were not so straightforward.  Am I making sense ???   Was an interesting exercise, though (which didn't increase my "problem"  ;) )

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

kenneth_k

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 08:34:11 am »
I scored a 42. So what does that tell me???
Things are not perfect, but they could be worse. I still feel better than before surgery.

Kenneth

Stand

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 08:46:33 am »
I went to the site and read the questions.  I answered no to everything.  I did the questionaire though and my number is 76.  My symptoms last days or weeks on end.  They don't stop if I move my head a certain way.  I fall straight down at times.  I have intense head pressure and I end up staring at nothing and I can't talk.  So maybe I don't have 'dizziness' afterall.  Mine sound kind of different.  Good site.  Good find though.  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:51:41 am by Stand »

PaulW

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 01:18:23 am »
36 for me..
9 weeks post Cyberknife, getting better slowly I think..
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

Lizard

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:02 am »
interesting site, thanks for sharing.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt