Author Topic: Just to keep you updated. . .  (Read 1743 times)

Karla83401

Just to keep you updated. . .
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:39:01 am »
Hello again everyone.  I just got off the phone with my auntie, and she said mom is doing wonderful in the ICU.  They've kept her on her pain medicines, but she was able to talk to my aunt for a minute.  When Jeanette (auntie) asked how she was doing, mom replied "I sick". They were able to laugh a bit about that, but them mom went out again.  Jeanette says a nurse is at my mom's bed 24/7, so that helps quite a bit.  It's a little bit more peace for us here at home.  They are saying by tonight that she should be in a regular hospital room, and Jeanette will be getting the addy and room number, so if any of you are interested, I will be able to let you know.  You can email me at loolaboosmom@yahoo.com for that info.  I will probably put up a couple more posts, and then be done.  I'm assuming there won't be much more new news to report on, but for those who would like more updates, as stated earlier, feel free to contact me.  I will be posting when she's in her regular room to let you all know how she is doing there, and probably when she is getting realeased.  Take care everyone, you are all amazing.  I feel like I have found some of the better people here on this planet.  You all are prayed for and loved.

God Bless,
Andrea
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

matti

Re: Just to keep you updated. . .
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:04:25 am »
Hi Andrea - Happy to hear that your mom is doing OK and that you are doing better as well. Hope you were able to get some rest last night. Thank you for giving us your e-mail address, I would love to stay in contact with you through your mom's recovery.

God Bless you and your family.

Thank you for keeping us posted, your mom is very special to us. (and you are too!!)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

shoegirl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:10:24 am »
Andrea,

So happy to hear your Mom is doing well.  I hope she continues to do so.  I wanted to mention a website called carepages.com.  A member posted about it before he had surgery.  It is great you can update it as often as you wish and family and friends will get email updates.

Cuts down on the number of emails, phone calls, etc. while still keeping everyone updated.

Best Wishes!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:05:43 am »
HI Andrea,
  Thanks for the update!  I sent you a private email.

Michelle

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:43:05 pm »
Andrea,

You are so right about the support here. Everyone has been a great source of help to me.

Wishing ya mom a speedy recovery.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz