Author Topic: Need advice....  (Read 2946 times)

Susie

Need advice....
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:27 am »
I haven't posted in a long time. Brief history......GK in June 2007; Significant facial paralysis with onset Sept 2007; Some facial movement return in Dec 2007; Began neuromuscular facial re-training and vestibular rehab in Dec 2007 with Gaye Cronin at the Atlanta Ear Clinic. Things appear to have reached a "plateau" with my facial movement and I am beginning the quest for surgery (or other procedure) to regain my facial function. I have had a web consultation via Skype with Dr. Tessa Hadlock at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary at Harvard. She has recommended Chemodenervation therapy with Botox for hypertonicity and for contralateral lower lip weakening as a starting point. If I respond in a favorable manner to the Botox, then a Platysmectomy can be performed to make the effects of the Botox permanent. As a final option, she recommended a muscle transfer that she really didn't go into detail about in her report. I guess that the Botox and platysmectomy are a more "conservative"approach to begin with. I feel overwhelmed and need advice. I have sent a message "amymeri" on this site b/c she mentioned receiving treatments similar to what has been recommended for me, but she hasn't replied. Does anyone know her status?
Thanks.....
Gamma Knife 6/2007
Right sided facial paralysis 9/2007
Right sided deafness
Oticon Ponto Pro Power 9/2011
Appt at MEEI 10/2011
Psalm 121