Author Topic: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope  (Read 28042 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 08:47:20 pm »
Hi guys,

Lyrica is meant to bethe "updated" version of neurontin but i found that lyrica did nothing for me so stuck with neurontin which does offer a small amount of relief.

It's very individually focussed unfortunately.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 05:05:53 am »
Anne Marie ....... it did make me drowsy for the first week or so when I first started taking it but over time as I got used to it , the drowsiness went away ... and the first little bit the dizziness was a bit worse but also subsided over time ...

yesterday helped my youngest build a bench for her large wood project for the fair ... I had to cut her lengths for her  because the radial arm saw that she can use safely quit on us ... the chop saw is scary and dangerous due to the blade being partly open even with it's guard down  and comes too close to her arm ... I made 8 cuts with it as she read her plan and marked each place ... I made all her cuts then turned her loose with the drill press which for some reason she loves  :o ... (she would sit drilling holes in wood if I let her) ... I ended up in the recliner with eyes closed and a towel to block any light hurting like all get out ... I think it was the vibration ...took only 10 minutes to make cuts with her marking in between each chop I made ... all actual sawing time would have added up to maybe a minuted and a half or two minutes ...justtakes seconds to go through a 2x6 with the thing ... but it was enough to trigger a hadache ... took ibuprofen and growled at people that kept checking me and after about 2 hours took Tylenol ... another 2 hours and I was good to go ... I was fearing another 2 day headache ... this morning just hung over feeling but no headache ...

Larry .... both of these drugs seem to be "very individually focused" ...neurontin does little for me where as Lyrica does great ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Soundy

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:00 am »
fully off neurontin and doing better ... no word from Pfizer yet but I am going to find some way not to come off Lyrica as long as it is working for me ... honestly thinking of naming calves Pfizer , Lyr and Ica when we sell over next few loads ... it works when we name one Hamburger or Sirloin ...magically when we have a steer with names like that big quantities of meat appear  ;D ... maybe it would work for pills too ...

calves at this time of year need to be sold to pay off co-op bill for fuel and fertiliser used in hay production and any supplement feed we need for any replacement heifers we down at the barn ... with those things on the rise price wise , even though calf prices  have remained steady , we barely cover costs ... but at same time I think Co-op can wait on part of their money so I can pay for some lyica...... sadly I see that unless one of the girls (or both ) can run the farm themselves or one of them marries someone that has farming in his blood , Bo will be the last one to farm this place full time ... the girls are the fourth generation on the place and it saddens ...

had first massage session yesterday with mixed results ... kinda irritating when she started but then felt better ... some places she went over on side of neck and head made it feel like someone was touching my face ...I have noticed this before ... I have a spot I can scratch and feel it on my cheek bone ... nerves are screwy I think ... felt good when she finished and went through the stretches I have been doing since shortly after surgery to keep neck from being so stiff ...

neck is still stiff and I don't have full range of motion when I turn head to put chin to left shoulder as the AN side tightens  and can't get chin to touch shoulder without cheating by shrugging shoulder and lifting it to chin ...and the stretch leaning head back I can't do standing ... can do it if I first take a step forward with one foot ...if feet are together I wobble back and fear falling ...

this morning the whole side of AN side of neck and head are sore ... not what I would call a headache but just achy ... I know that sounds like a contradiction but it isn't really ...I guess better way to put it is that the inside of my head isn't hurting , the outside is  ... took a hot shower and did stretches in the shower ... also let massage setting do it's thing ... I love my shower head  ;D ... that has helped ... go back Tuesday ... 
Translab July 2 ,2007

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 10:04:35 pm »
Soundy - I hope Pfizer gets back to you sooner than later.  

I have started my second week on Lyrica and I am amazed I am feeling so much better.  Last week I was able to really clean my house and entertain.  I throw my husband a birthday party Saturday and actually enjoyed myself.  I still get break through headaches, the severity and duration has lessened accept for Sunday.  After everyone left early Sunday morning my head was booming, and I could not get the pain under control.  I was up until 5:00 am, I woke up at 11:00 am and I was slow moving.  I died yesterday and today but I got to relax around my girlfriend's pool ;D

Saturday I will increase the dosage to 150 mgs twice a day.  I am hoping the dosage will alleviate the break through headaches once my body gets accustomed to it.  I thought I would never, ever get  relief from the headaches and facial pain but I was wrong.  My husband and sons have noticed a difference in me.  I still trier easily so I pace myself.  I'm looking so forward to enjoying the rest of the summer and having a clean house again!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Soundy

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 02:47:49 pm »
Still no word from Pfizer and have only enough lyrica to go through the 9th ... I know that is a while off but it seems like it will be here tomorrow ...sold  calves today for school clothes , house and truck insurance and co-op bill ... gonna skim from all and get at least a months worth of lyrica ... emotionally I can't stop it again ...

I like only having occasional breakthrough headaches treatable with a Tylenol ,  instead of the 24/7 headaches with 3 or 4 brainwrecks a week thrown in for good measure
Translab July 2 ,2007

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 09:56:49 pm »
Wish i had some spare for ya.

Hope your scrounging goes well.

I must say though our drug prices (neurontin and lyrica) are pretty reasonable compared to a drug that treats  rare cancer and in Oz is not subsiidised by the Gov't and costs $10,000 per week. There are aren't too many people hre that have this affliction but nonetheless it puts things n perspective alittle.

I'm battling with my dosage of Neurontin at the moment. I fiond that 1200mg's per day takes the edge off the headaches and I'm still able to focus on my work. Increasing it to 1500mg makes me a little drowsy and work suffers but there is more relief from the headaches. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and then going AAAHHHHHHHH

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

cin605

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 04:40:58 pm »
I hear you Larry...still trying to get the dosage right here too...Too much....too tired.....too little and the pain sets in....arggh is right!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Soundy

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 07:16:26 am »
Pfizer said no ...

went school clothes shopping yesterday ... they got one T shirt each from Hot Topix that came to $31.87 .... but then made them get all the rest at JC Penney ... pants ( 3 pair each) , 1  pair of capri each , and 3 more shirts for each and each got a new backpack ... the ones they have they have had for 5 years ...we will donate the old ones that are in great shape to the school pile of backpacks and supplies for kisd that can't afford them ...took seam ripper to the patch that has their names on them and they are ready to go to pile Monday when school starts ...the packs  were $30 each when I got them and that goes to show that quality pays ...I alow them one spurge each year ... this year it was the Hot Topix T shirts  5 years ago it was the back packs  ... I strongly encouraged looking at clearance and sale items from the circular I got in mail ... when all was said and done their clothes and backpacks from Penney’s  cost $129.47 ...with sale items , coupon that took $25 off purchase over $75 and the 15% it took $154.87 off ...with our food and gas ($45) I have about $190 left over from my calf money ...

needed to get them shoes  but will do that on the 8th ... 6th thru 9th is  tax free weekend sale .. I am evil and purchased the shoes already with the Penney's card I was not going to use and it took 25% off purchase ...the shoes are in the sale paper next week for $20 less a pair ...  I talked to a friend that works there and she is working on the 8th ... gonna come to her checkout area and return the shoes and get that money and put it back on my card to zero out the balance ... then repurchase the shoes ... the shoes that cost me $125.09 (both pair) yesterday will cost me $54.92 next week when the 25% off total purchase if using card almost   is applied and the $20 less per pair ... Will have a $54.92 bill next month which is no biggy ...

$190  LYRICA MONEY  left ... YAY !!!

Gonna pay 3 months on my truck insurance instead of 6 months I usually pay  and that’s another $104 … Bo has $94 left from paying Co-op left …so have almost $400 for Lyrica … gonna take a little and buy Sarah something for her birthday which is today … Bo already got her a cake and a pair of John Deere Boots  …  so now going to go see the doctor this morning to pick up a prescription and he also has another 14 days worth to give me …

I am having fun with this game of finding money  ;D ...but just almost having fun ... would be more fun to just be able to pay for what I need ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 07:25:15 am »
Good Lord I wrote a book  :o… I have been up since about 3 because my legs and feet are hurting so bad I couldn’t sleep … get jabbery when tired … I think I am trying to keep self awake  ;D… Bo took off to take girls fishing since that is what Sarah wanted to do for her birthday … Brenda don't do fishing ...catching cleaning or cooking ...just the eating part

gonna run pay insurances  on the house and 2 of the 4 vehicles and then go buy me some pills … YAY!!! … gonna check into some other programs that help pay for drugs … some private foundations … but for now with doctor writing the script for more than I really take I will have about 3 and a half worth of pills …still don’t understand that te store charges by the month instead of by the pill…  so 1 capsule 3 times a day costs the same as if it says take 3 capsules 3 times a day  … but it helps me out s… will try to not write a book next time …

I think it may be wrong of doctor to write a prescription like that ... the dose he writes is acceptable for my weight and problems just more than I actually need ... this weighs on me ... one of the pharmsist at Walmrt is who told me that alot of patients that have problems paying have prescriptions wrote out like this for doubled doses of meds ... I love my doctor and don't want him in trouble ... I guess no one will know becasue I don't think the Pill Nazi is going to come to my door and see if I am takeing all of what is written out ...but it still worries me

gonna go lay down and try to nap until time to go to doctor at 11:30 … have a good day
Translab July 2 ,2007

yardtick

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 09:07:37 pm »
So sorry Pfizer said no!!!  Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign on your behalf.  Does your Congress person or Senator help out in situations like yours?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Soundy

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:29 pm »
my husbands cousin in actually our State Representative for TN District 65 and lives about 5 miles away when he isn't in Nashville or Washington ... had never really thought of him ... sometimes I over think and sometimes I don't think enough ... may check with him after next weeks election dust settles down
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 05:43:58 am »
got up with a head ache around 2 and took a Tylenol ... at 5:30 was brain wrecking ... now whole right side of face and head are numb on surface and inside skull feels like my head is ready to burst ... eyes water but it ain't like I am boo hooing and crying , my face is  just leaking ... have to be to school in 30 minutes and sure am  ready ...not even dressed ... did manage a shower with massage ...

have to sit at a registration table to help get new incoming students that don't know their way around school to their class rooms ... luckily we are a small school and I am handling 1st through 3rd and at that age the kids are usually good and just come along with me to start the next chapter in the grand adventure we call life ... luckily school only goes til 9 today and then I can come home take something stronger and crash in recliner ...

we  will have to go in to town and get the daughter's supplies that have to be turned in tomorrow ... youngest ones teacher posted a list on school web sight ... oldest girls teacher just lost her dad 2 weeks ago and is not ready and didn't get a list posted ... she's  suppose to have it today ... we can shop this afternoon when wreck lets up ... I thought I wanted school to start back but now wish we had another week of summer
Translab July 2 ,2007

Lizard

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 06:31:16 pm »
Soundy,
Geez you do start school early down south.  We don't start in CT until around labor day!  My parents are in NC and my little brother (15 yea a second family type thing,I'm about to turn 30 craziness) doesn't start until the 15th or so.  Well I hope the wreck let up, I had a tough day today to so I feel your "pain".  Hope for tomorrow to bring a better head  :)
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Soundy

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 04:12:06 am »
wreck finally ended around 2:00 but not until it hit the cycle of vomiting aching and vomiting some more ... once it did stop  I just felt wore out ...still feel blah

I have kids ranging from one who will be 32 August 25th down to youngest that turn 11 on Friday so know all about what I call my second litter and that type of family ... my little sister was born the day after my 19th birthday  ... when youngest son who will be 29 (also on August 25th ) started kindergarten school started here on the 25th ...only remember the exact date because it was both his and the oldest ones b'day ...

they actually go the same amount o days as girls now do ... but the girls get a fall break in October and are off a week and they get MLK Day , Presidents day , a few more days at Christmas and a full week spring break now where as the boys used to get off Good Friday and the Thursday before ... the girls get other days off too that I can't think of and it all comes out to the same time off ... I would rather have longer summer but they say kids lose more of what they learn over longer summer than short one
Translab July 2 ,2007

yardtick

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »
I increased the dosage of Lyrica on Saturday and I am very tired and very dizzy.  I am anxiously waiting for my body to adjust.  The weather here in Southern Ontario has been very hot, steamy humid and unsettled.  I've had to take the dilaudin in the late afternoon along with liquid ibuprofen.  I find I just need to take the other meds once a day, rest for a bit and I'm okay. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!!