Author Topic: 1 Month Update  (Read 2561 times)

kwong521

1 Month Update
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:56:51 pm »
Hey all, just wanted to update on my mom.  She had her surgery at the House Ear Clinic exactly one month ago.  Recovery has been kind to her; she has no balance problems, no CSF leak, no headaches, none of those things.  The only two things that bother her is the left side of her face still doesn't move and she cannot smile, and she has a hard time centralizing sound outside....She started driving again two weeks after her surgery and everything is pretty much the same again. 

Thank you all for your support.   :-*  If we can be of assistance to anyone who is researching options or whatever, please let us know.  God bless. 

Battyp

Re: 1 Month Update
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:29:09 pm »
YEAH MOM!  Sounds like she's going very well!

matti

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:27 pm »
So happy to hear that your mom is doing well.  Unfortunetly the facial nerve likes to take it's sweet time in the recovery process, it's a stubborn little bugger LOL.  Did your mom lose the hearing nerve?  Figuring out where sounds are coming from and what the sounds are is very frustrating at times. After losing my hearing nerve, it was like awakening to a whole new world of sounds and having to re-learn.

God Bless you for taking such wonderful care of your mom. You are AWESOME!!!

Keep us posted
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

cookiesecond

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:36:11 pm »
I praise God for your good news. Keep up the good work and keep us posted,
Lynn

DeniseSmith

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:54 am »
Great news for your mom!! I wish her continued good luck on her smooth recovery.

Denise

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:00:32 am »
Fantastic news! Please please give Mom a big hug for me/us... what  a wonderful Mother's Day she must have had, since she's got a fantastic daughter who loves her so.

Will be eager for more updates as it's great to now call Mom a "postie" (post-treatment).. very empowering to hear that! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

richh

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 08:36:13 pm »
Great news.   Face movement will come a little later usually.
I hope your mom becomes better and better. This good news also inspire others.   

Rich