Author Topic: Doctor's in Kansas City  (Read 1669 times)

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
Doctor's in Kansas City
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:43:29 am »
Just thought I'd recommend my team to anyone who needs someone in the Kansas City area.  I had a 1.75cm AN rt side tumor removed 3 weeks ago at St. Lukes Hospital.  My surgical team was Dr. Charles Luetje and neurosurgeon Dr. Paul Camarata.  I've got nothing but praise for these gentlemen.  My facial nerve was totally saved with little side effects (eye waters a little, and its hard at this time to wink with my right eye but all else works fine), I've had little to no pain and no headaches.  My balance has returned already to a point where I walk normal and am driving my car.  The care the surgeons and the hospital took to make sure I was comfortable and that my post surgical stay was as stressfree as possible was commendable.

As you can see, I'm extremely happy with my results and my decision to have the Translab surgery rather than the alternatives.  I attribute this to my surgical team, they were great.
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

nickel

• If God brings you to it~He'll bring you through it
Re: Doctor's in Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:50:56 pm »
Hi Dale-

I am new to the site and it was a blessing to see this on here ;D  I am in the works of going to see Dr. Paul Cammarata on the 1st.  After 13 years post surgery/post Gamma Knife the left side AN is showing regrowth and I have facial paralysis.  My current neurosurgeon Dr. Andrew Kaufman is retiring and refering me to see Dr. C.  I have had some nervousness about moving forward to see a new doctor but know it has to be done.  Dr. K was like a member of my family since I had seen him every 6 months-a year for the last 14 years!!!  Can you tell me how Dr. Cammarata's office/bedside manner is??  Friendly or strictly medical professional??  I don't know why I have the jitters guess I am just so use to Dr. Kaufman and his staff that now I have to start over again:-)  Glad your surgery went well, that gives me a calmer too as I will more than likely have to have another translab.

Take care,
nickel
Bilateral AN left 4.0+ cm/right 3.5+ cm, left-partial TRANSLAB w/GN '93, right-GN '93.  Today, regrowth of both, scheduled left TRANSLAB w/facial nerve graph in July '06.