Author Topic: one more eye makeup question!!  (Read 2631 times)

Karen

one more eye makeup question!!
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:08 pm »
I've been brave and trying eye shadow and liner.  Has anybody tried mascara?  Wondering if it would flake and get in my eye.  I don't have feeling in my eye and worry aabout things getting in and not realizing it.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: one more eye makeup question!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:10:20 am »
Karen,
I have used mascara since the day after my surgery!  Don't leave home without it.  Summertime I use waterproof and winter I use regular....again I use Lancome (Hypnose), but whatever works for you and doesn't flake and be sure to take it all off before you go to bed...baby wipes work great for that!
Good luck,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lori67

Re: one more eye makeup question!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18:59 pm »
Hi Karen.

I use mascara every day because it helps hold my lashes up and out of my eye.  The lack of muscle tone in my eyelid causes the lashes to kinda droop down and get into my eye - so I use an eyelash curler and waterproof mascara to help hold them up out of the way.

I have some sensation in my eye - I can definitely feel pain - so I'd know if any flaked off in there and I've never had that problem.

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to give it a try and see how it goes.  Good luck!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.