Author Topic: 2nd Springfield Massachusetts Support Group Meeting  (Read 4298 times)

LisaP

2nd Springfield Massachusetts Support Group Meeting
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:16:50 am »
Greetings,

The Springfield Area Acoustic Neuroma Support Group will be holding it's next meeting on Saturday, June 19, 2010 at the Chicopee Library Conference Room from 1 to 3.  Topic is the ANA Website and our guest speaker is Jim (Scott) Sweeters, ANA Discussion Forum Moderator.

Please RSVP by June 5 to me, Lisa Parent at lisa_prnt@yahoo.com.  Hope to see you there!!!

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Lynn Mc

Re: 2nd Springfield Massachusetts Support Group Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:22:06 am »
Hi Lisa,

I will not be able to attend.  What a bummer!!!  I will be down on the Chesapeake Bay for an everything party!!  Oldest daughter turns 40 - Granddaughter graduates from HS - Son-in-law retires from the military -Youngest daughters anniversary & a moving away party!!!  Can't miss that one!  Please fill me in on the meeting and I really am bummed it is that particular weekend.

Give everyone my best.

Happy Trails,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:56:23 am »
I was really looking forward to going to your next meeting unfortunately I have a wedding to attend  :-[
Oh poo, well there's always next time...
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:31:08 pm »
Lisa ~

Thanks for the support group meeting notice.  Unfortunately, my potential 'audience' seems to be shrinking fast.  Sorry about that.  Summer is always busy for most folks and their pre-scheduled activities sometimes can be an obstacle to a large attendance for something like a support group meeting.  However, I'll be there - even if it's just us - and I'll try to make it worth people's time (but no guarantees).   See you next month (June 19th) in Chicopee!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:23 pm »
Hang in there Jim,

We have another two weeks before people have to reply.  If the response is low, maybe we can wait until the Fall.  Let's just wait and see.

thanks

LisaP

P.S. thanks to those who have responded.
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

LisaP

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 04:48:49 pm »
Jim,

It looks like there will be a meeting and around 7 or us so far.  Looking forward to the meeting and yes I finally found my positing, I could not remember what categories I had put it in.  You see I still have a lot to learn about this forum.

thanks again for being our guest speaker.

LisaP ;D
LisaP

Jim Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 03:24:38 pm »
It looks like there will be a meeting and around 7 or us so far.  Looking forward to the meeting and yes I finally found my positing, I could not remember what categories I had put it in.  You see I still have a lot to learn about this forum.

thanks again for being our guest speaker.

You're welcome, Lisa .  I'm looking forward to it.  I hope to help those that attend learn more about the ANA website forums (which I believe are a valuable resource for AN patients) and/or learn how to use them more efficiently and effectively.  The Q&A should also be interesting, even if I can't answer every question and have to say "I don't know" a lot.  As an added bonus, the lovely and gracious Tina will accompany me to the meeting (so I don't get lost driving up from Connecticut).  See you there!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jcinma

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 08:34:15 am »
Hi Lisa and Jim,

As Lisa already knows I will be away (the Baltics to be exact) for this meeting but hope I can attend the next one.

I am sorry I am missing this meeting, it will be very informative I am sure!

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

LisaP

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:45:34 pm »
Ok Springfield and Jim,

As of today, 6/6 I have heard from two more people, so for our next meeting we should have around 8 to 10 of us.  Thanks to those of you who responded and can make the meeting and for those of you that can not, I hope to have another meeting sometime in the Fall.  Again, thank you to Jim for being our guest speaker and to my daughter who will be attending due to I need her computer skills.

LisaP ;D
LisaP

scarriegirl

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 11:07:46 pm »
Oh I would like to attend!  Boston is a bit far and I don't drive yet.  Is there anyone from Boston going?
thanks!
Carrie
"when you reach the end of the rainbow there's always another color!"
finally diagnosed 8/08
retro surgery scheduled nov. 17 at boston medical
there is a tennis ball in my ear!! at least it feels like it.

LisaP

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 04:42:29 pm »
Hi Carrie,

thanks for responding, I don't know anyone from the Boston area that will be attending.  This support group is new to the area, only our 2nd meeting, most come from the Western part of the state but ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND.   Jim or Phy, any support groups closer to the Boston area for Carrie to attend?

Our next meeting will be around November and you are more then welcome to attend.  Also there is about 30 of us that meet in Worcester for a lichen twice a year.    The next luncheon will be in October, date to be announced.

I also see that you are a newbie, can you give me an update on your journey so far.

thanks

LisaP ;D
LisaP

Jim Scott

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 03:42:58 pm »
Update:

We had a successful meeting with about 12 people attending, which is a decent turnout for a nascent local support group.  My thanks to Lisa for her efforts in organizing the meeting and thanks to those who attended.  I trust that the discussion forums are a bit more useful to you, now.  The Chicopee library is attractive and our meeting room was nicely appointed and well-equipped.  It was my pleasure to meet everyone and make the presentation.  The socializing was pleasant (as were the cookies) and I trust that a good time was had by all.  The next meeting will be in early November.

Jim

LisaP

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 10:37:14 am »
Hi Jim,

The meeting was a great success thanks to our guest speaker, "Jim Scott" and his sidekick "Tina".  I learned so much more about the forum that I did not know before,  my daughter thought it was a piece of cake, but she is 20 years old.   I can't thank Jim enough for his dedication to this forum and the patients with AN's including myself.  Your dedication is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all that attended, Sheri's family for the cheese and crackers, and Scarlett for those yummy cookies.  The next meeting will be sometime early November, date, time, and subject to be announced.

thanks

LisaP ;D 
LisaP