Author Topic: Susan Surgery Finished!  (Read 15508 times)

been there done that

Re: Susan Surgery Finished!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 05:04:38 pm »
  Excellent top off the line outcome !! cheers  ;D a toast to Sue!!

Ellenmn

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well

Wik1350

• How cute is he?
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:10 pm »
Woooohooooo!  Prayers for all things to keep going so well!
Wife (ksiwek) - 3.5cm left side AN

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 07:03:20 am »
Hi.  I just got back from visiting Sue in the hospital.  She looks WONDERFUL!!!  She's doing really really well.  Just wanted to let everyone know.  --Carol Ann

Thanks for posting Carol Ann!   Glad you got to see her & visit and to her she looks wonderful, that's awesome!

(Now Carol Ann, wishing you the best too this week.  At least you got to visit the area you will be...take care!0
 :) Denise  :)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

iluuvpups

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »
Thanks Denise!  Yes, it was good to get to see where I'll be later this week. 
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 06:40:36 am »
So happy to hear Sue is doing well.

I know how much she struggled with her treatment decision and her choice of doctors.

Good to see everything turned out so wonderfully.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jennifer7

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »
That is wonderful your mom is doing so great!!!  And it went quick and completely removed.  Hopefully she will have a picture perfect recovery :)

Carol Ann--are you having surgery later this week?  Hope it will be a repeat of Sue's!

Jennifer

Tracy Lynn

• If you are going through hell, keep going.
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:05:03 pm »
So glad to hear that Susan is doing well! We've been so blessed lately.
Right ear, 3.5 cm  Diagnosed 3-23-10 pre-op symptoms: 90% loss of hearing, headaches, Tinnitus.
Translab surgery 5-18-10
Post-op symptoms: SSD, Tinnitus, wonky-head
BAHA implant: 9-2-10

*Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, its not the end.*

sues1953

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:31 am »
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  I am doing well and am so grateful for the good outcome.  Thsi is the first tije I have been on the forum but I will be psting more and more.  Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

Mei Mei

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 02:55:08 pm »
So glad to hear from you, Sue.   Try to rest and no more than 15 mins. on the computer or you'll get neck strain.   Get lots of beauty sleep!!!
I'm so happy for you!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

sues1953

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 07:49:28 am »
Thanks all again.  I am doing well.  My husband took me to the grocery store yesterday, Whew that was alot.  I am taking walks and trying to get lots of rest.  It is going to take awhile

With love and appreciation,

Sue
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 08:29:34 am »
A very successful day. She is awake and was asked to smile and did very proudly. SHe has full function and mobility of her face. We are a very happy and relievedfamily on this beauiful long day.

Wahooo!!!  :)

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 11:06:36 am »
Sue, did you go to the grocery store after we talked?   Be sure to take it easy!  I know it is hard for some, but it's the internal part of the body we need to think about  ;)   

Forgot to ask though, when did you get released to go home?  How many nights stay?     

Take care......enjoy this lovely weather, sounds like Michigan having some fronts come through and cooling it off.   Beautiful today!!

Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

sues1953

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 07:26:48 pm »
HI All,

Well my incision is infected I think, at least that's all it is I hope.  I noticed some swelling and redness at the bottom half of the incision and called the Dr.  I am back on antibiotic and will see him tomorrow so he can make sure it is nothing serious.  It is not leaking but  is quite red and swollen.  I am being very careful.

Yes Denise I did go to Meijers after we spoke on the phone.  Wow just being in that place was a bit overwhelming and it was not crowded at all.  I was released from the hospital Monday morning, spent four nights.  I would have come home on Sunday but my sugar was testing high due to the steroids I was taking.

I will post after seeing the DR. tomorrow.  Wish me luck  :)

Sue

moe

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »
Hi Sue,
So glad to hear the surgery was a success, and sorry about the possible infection. Happens sometimes.
Let us know what the doc says, and congratulations!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty