Author Topic: 1 year Post Op MRI - Please Read....  (Read 4186 times)

jerseygirl

Re: 1 year Post Op MRI - Please Read....
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »
Hi, Jen!

I had terrible time with SSD right after my first surgery in 1988. I had absolutely everything you describe and it was impossible to explain to anybody so I felt I had to suffer alone which made me more miserable. Now my ear is still hypersensitive but I do not have tinnitus anymore because I take Ginkgo Biloba for years and, unexpectedly, it took care of my tinnutus. Life is so much better without it, let me tell you. At least I have only one thing to deal with: hypersensitivity which only occurs at certain times of the day. Tinnitus is all day long so it drove me nuts.

Like I said, hypersensitivity and tinnitus are a fact of life for most AN patients. By themselves at this stage they are not indicative of any problems. MRI is really the one that can show any issues if they arise ,so if that's clean (and it should be!), there is nothing to worry about.

All the best,

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Jwh

Re: 1 year Post Op MRI - Please Read....
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:46 am »
Hi Eve!
It is always a source of comfort when people can relate to your experiences.  I don't feel as isolated.  Thank you for sharing - I do feel better now

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)