Author Topic: Posting Problem  (Read 3124 times)

sues1953

Posting Problem
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:04:15 pm »
Hi I hope you can help.  Almost every time I post a red message comes up that says while I was posting another message came in and I should check my post.  I have to write the whole thing over again  >:(.  I'm starting to think someone is trying to tell me something.....like shut up!

Is maybe someone else posting at the same time?  If so how would you know that?

Thanks,

Sue in Michigan

Oh and I think it only happens on the PM's
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Posting Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:08:18 pm »
Hey Sue

sometimes I get that as well.  If I'm doing a post in a thread.. and someone else, at the same time, is also doing a post in the same thread... I may press the button to post my comment but someone, by the hairs on my chinny-chin-chin, may beat me to it.

If that is not what you are referencing, please elaborate a little more so we can help.

:)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:26:54 pm »
Sue ~

All the red message is telling you is that someone 'beat' you to posting the next reply on a thread.  You can usually see the 'new' post' at the bottom of your screen and tell if it makes yours unnecessary or if you need to change something before sending your message.  Often, you're responding to something in your own way and there is no need to re-write an entire post unless the information you're posting is almost identical to what the person that posted just before you has stated.  This happens to me quite often. No problem because the point of the forums is to offer information/advice/support and if someone does it before I do, that's O.K.  I'll still add my own message of support.  

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »
I'll still add my own message of support.  

..and you always do a FAB job of that!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sues1953

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:44:17 pm »
Thanks Pyl and Jim

I figured it was something like that.  So Jim your saying that after I hit the post button I can look at the bottom of my screen and see the post of the person that is sending a message at the same time?  Then how do I get back to my message to try to send it again?  I'm pretty sure that its gone and I have to rewrite it.

By the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"  ;D

Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

sues1953

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:09 pm »
OMG Phyl and I were posting at the same time and I scrolled down and there was my message so I just reposted it!  I feel a little dumb right now :-[  Thanks again.  Thanks to for moving my question to the proper place  ;D

Jim Scott

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:57 pm »
I figured it was something like that.  So Jim your saying that after I hit the post button I can look at the bottom of my screen and see the post of the person that is sending a message at the same time?  Then how do I get back to my message to try to send it again?  I'm pretty sure that its gone and I have to rewrite it.

Your message will still be there, right where you left it, (scroll up a bit).  Just hit the post 'button' and send it.  It'll appear right after the message that posted 'ahead' of yours, as your last message just did as I was composing this one.  :)

By the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"  ;D

Thank you, Sue. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 03:50:09 pm »
LOL! How kewl is that!  8)  Glad to help... that's our jobs around here..... and yeah, moved it here... guilty one *raises hand*

Phyl

(dang.. now I JUST got the same message when Jim posted! LOL!)

laurenfor29

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:41 am »
hello i am new. i am a pretty tech savy girl but i have no clue how to post i just figured out how to reply. i have read alot on this forum and i am happy for knowledge and scared about what will become of me now. i am so new i don't even know the size of my tumor like everyone does. but i will have surgery soon. i am lucky to live in iowa city and have the u of i right down the street. the docs there are at the top of this field and i am very confident and comfortable with them. any way i hope to be able to post a welcome so i can start asking questions and get some support, i am really high anxeity rite now as everything is so recent,, bare with my ignorance. i am a quick learner and hope to be hopping on here soon

Jim Scott

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 03:04:47 pm »
Hi, Lauren - and welcome!

To post an original topic, go to the forum's main page, i.e. 'AN Community' and in the upper right-hand corner you'll see a blue box that says "New Topic" (to the right of "Mark as Read' and 'Notify').  Just click on that and a blank screen will pop up.  Use that to post your topic message.  Don't forget to give your topic a title, preferably one that explains the topic at a glance.

We're here to inform and support other AN patients so please don't worry about asking questions - even 'tech' questions and, most of all, being stressed and anxious.  We've all been where you are, now.  I'm pleased to learn that you're confident about your medical team.  That is critical. Of course I'm sorry you have an acoustic neuroma to deal with - but I'm looking forward to your subsequent posts.  I thiank you'll feel at home, here.  :)

Jim