Author Topic: heart broken as son goes off to war :(  (Read 6271 times)

moe

Re: heart broken as son goes off to war :(
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 09:57:06 am »
Jp.
It must hurt to see your son go a second time off to war. Hopefully this will be it.
Keep the faith, prayers going out to Mike and all the brave men (and women).
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

opp2

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 04:17:56 pm »
My thoughts will be with you and Mike. There is a girl at my office who's son went last year and it was a very difficult time for her. She and her husband are both retired military. We currently have an officer who is on leave and waiting to be deployed. His little boy is only 8 months old. We all want this war to be over, and our soldiers home!

Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Jill Marie

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
Hi Jo

I know the 2nd tour isn't any easier than the first for you, Mike & the rest of the family, perhaps it's even a bit harder because you got to breath a big sigh of relief when he came home safe and sound the first time and now you have to do it all over again.  Our youngest did 2 tours or Iraq and 1 of Afghanistan.  He got out of the Army last year but will most likely join again this year, he's taking courses right now so he can.  He believes strongly in what he does as I'm sure your son does.  They can make a difference!  As you well know by now sending packages & letters always helps, not just for Mike but for yourself.  Please keep us updated on how he's doing.  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Keri

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »
Jo,
I'll be praying for your son, Mike and for all of you. The family goes through so much as well. My son will probably deploy in the next couple of years, and I can't even imagine that yet.
The Lord's blessings to him and to all our troops. I thank him for his service, and Jill Marie's son too. And Donnalynn, I too have been able to be at a couple of 'welcome home' troop events (many of the deployed troops come home through Baltimore airport and the group "Operation Welcome Home MD" is there to greet every single flight. It's awesome. Makes me cry.
I'll write more later to you, Jo.
Love,
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 06:37:20 pm »
My prayers will be with your son we are all very proud of what he is doing for us !

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 06:21:06 pm »
Jo,

I will keep you son in my prayers for a safe tour of duty and return home. 

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 09:54:11 am »
I heard from my son this morning ...hadn't heard his voice since January ... I have been almost high and jittery since he called

I am praying all of them come home soon ... the sons ,daughters , moms , dads ...I have former Scouts of mine serving as well ...and the children of friends ... I have heard it said that each generation has their own war ... I wish for the day this no longer holds trues

speedy safe return of all of them
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

tenai98

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 10:23:45 am »
I also heard from mine yesterday. He called for Mother's Day...it certainly made my day!!
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7