Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 8323 times)

been there done that

Re: Just checking in
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »
Truckers naps  :D just 15 to 20 minutes  every 6 to 8 hrs, works wonders for me, My tinitus get loud when it time for a nap.

opp2

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:29 pm »
I emailed the doctors. His secretary wrote back that she had mailed a letter to me as she deleted all of her old emails and didn't keep my address. I hate it when I do that. That would be why I have 3000 emails in my sent box...ohh...Nikki Baaaaddd..

She forwarded me the ecopy of the letter that is probably sitting in my mail box outside. The Doc confirms 2-3mm growth since October. They are looking at operating sometime prior to their July break.

I feel like I'm back in the Army. Hurry up and ....... ;)

Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

mk

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »
Hi Nikki,

Of course it is depressing to hear that the doctor confirmed that you had indeed significant growth, but at least they now have a compelling reason to speed things up and operate. It is great that they are willing to do this before the July break. Hopefully you will have all this behind you soon.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

opp2

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 06:49:34 am »
Thanks Marianna, me too. I'm consoling my self with a week vacation. Man did I pick a doozy... I gave the lady who cleans my house this week off thinking I'd do it myself. Ha. who was I kiddin?

update:

Just got confirmation it will NOT be in June. The window of opportunity is July 02-July 22. Then August 23 onward. It may sound funny but it appears the month of June is filled with urgent cases. It's comforting to know that my case is not urgent. Odd that.

Oh well...off to shop  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:06:24 am by opp2 »
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

opp2

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 08:33:10 pm »
My friend who had his consultation with Dr A the same day as me has been booked for retro sigmoid June 22nd. I told him it was a good omen since that is my wedding anniversary. I will have been married 14 years this year. I've been with my honey for nearly 20 years. I'm really happy and almost nervous for him. He was hoping I would have my surgery first. I believe we will have our surgeries within a couple of weeks of each other. My fingers are crossed, for all of us.

turbomom

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
Hi Nikki,
I have waited for about a year and now have my surgery schedule for July 7th. I totally agree with you about the tired factor. I have never, never been a napper and now every day around 1 I just want to find a comfy bed with a soft feather pillow to lay my head on. And by night I ready to go to sleep by 10. Once my head is on the pillow, I'm out! And if my good ear is down and my bad ear up, I don't hear a thing and I sleep like a baby. I hope you can get a date set soon! I'll keep u in my prayers and ask that you do the same for me.
Take care,
Turbomom (Lisa)
tinnitus, mild hearing loss, occasional light-headiness, rare imbalance. Diagnosed on 07/09; 14x9x8mm intra and extra canalicular of left ear. Repeat MRI on 1/15/10...waiting for radiologist to read, but on quick review little growth shown.