Author Topic: BAHA - "screwed-ya-day"  (Read 11491 times)

moe

Re: BAHA - "screwed-ya-day"
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 09:16:40 am »
Good luck, Greg!

And don't worry, I've been through the BAHA so am exempt from the "kit". I have quite the selection of chocolate here too! Try to keep it the dark healthy good for you chocolate....

Cheers,
Maureen

06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

grega

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 09:46:49 am »
Thanks Moe for the thoughts!

Yep, Jan & Lori sent my kit with the dark stuff coupla weeks back .... wonderful!  :D  But much of it was ..... well, kinda melty  :( .... and hard to actually discern one from another. ???  We had a few unusually warm east-coast days in the low 90's 8) so I immediately thought the sun and heat caused it .... but now I strongly wonder if the shipping company x-rayed it more than they usually do, seeing the return address.  :o 

Anyway, it was still good to nibble, albeit slow and slightly difficult .... and I certainly don't recommend a halt to them sending joy to other baha-ers.  I'm really looking forward to being able to use other kit kontents as the days dwindle down to gotcha-day!

Darn the Fed-Ex-Rays .... full speed ahead!

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »
Actually the package was sent UPS (sending kits Fed Ex is way out of my budget range) and I don't know why they would x-ray it - so it must have been your warm weather.  Sorry!  Perhaps Lori and I should starting packing our kits on ice  :D

The return address shouldn't have been suspect.  I mailed it from work - and it's not like I work for the IRS or the government LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 08:25:16 pm »
Well, I suppose to be on the safe side, we could always replace the chocolate with something that won't melt......like maybe canned vegetables?   :D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

grega

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 04:14:14 am »
NAW .... keep the chocolate!  It's wonderful that you two brighten our lives with what's important  ;D

And regarding the first baha dressing, which I'll get replaced today  .... I woke this morning humming the Beatles' "Got To Get You Out Of My Life"  and thinking ..... got to get this off of my head ..... da-da-da  da-da.

Yep .... I was thinking da-da-da  da-da!  ::)

BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 05:51:15 am »
Well if not canned veggies, maybe some nice fresh broccolli  ;D

Grega -

you've got me a little confused here (yes, I know, Pooter would be laughing at this).  What do you mean by your dressing replaced?

After one week, my little bandage and plastic cap were removed and that was it for dressings.  At that point, I started putting "goop" (aka ointment) on my site.

Da-da-da da-da!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 09:35:42 am »
you've got me a little confused here (yes, I know, Pooter would be laughing at this). 
Jan

Ahh... you know me so well, Jan.  I did let out a little smirk when I saw that.  We still loves ya, Jan!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

grega

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 12:30:02 pm »
Hey again .....

broccoli's good too  ::)  or do you mena chocolate-covered broccoli? :P

Dressing? .... I meant the gauzey patch held on by the plastic cap .... the one from surgery was  really red-dy to be taken off .... and doc put back on another gauzy piece held on by the new cap (when he snapped it on .... wow, the noise on the good side!)   

I askd doc to snap a cell-phone pic so I could actually see my new hairdo around the baha-butment....  :o 

All's good he says..... that's good! ;D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »
Putting a new piece of gauze and the cap back on is a new one for me.  Mine what removed one week post op, never to return.

When do you get to remove that?

Chocolate covered broccoli  ???   YUCK  :P

Love ya, too, Pooter  :-*

Jan

lori67

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 04:40:17 pm »
I had my healing cap for 2 weeks and then it came off for good.  My doctor gave it to me and said to keep it in case I ever needed it again.  He wasn't sure why I would need it, but he said they charge a fortune for those little plastic things, so I might as well hold onto it. 

If anyone ever needs a healing cap, call me...we'll make a deal!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »
My doctor gave it to me and said to keep it in case I ever needed it again.  He wasn't sure why I would need it, but he said they charge a fortune for those little plastic things, so I might as well hold onto it. 

Seriously?  The day my doc removed mine it pretty much popped off my head and rolled across the room under a desk or chair.  He picked it up and threw it in the trash.

Good thing it didn't have any sentimental value to me  :D

Perhaps you should have your cap bronzed and we can display it on a shelf in our garage surgery business along with some chocolate-covered broccoli  ;)

Jan