Author Topic: Distressed and Needing a Second Opinion - where have all the good Docs gone?  (Read 7672 times)

dally1932

I too am from Atlanta. I had AN surgery in June of 2002 at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta. My Surgeon was Dr. James Robinson. With all the problems I have had post surgery, I wish I would have went to a surgeon with more experience. However in my case, it was diagnosed as an "epdermoid cyst" and it was not until he opened me up did he realize it was an AN. His normal ENT assistant did not assist because of the original diagnosis. (Even though he had me evaluated by him prior to surgery) I asked about a year after surgery how many AN surgerys they did a year and was told 4-5. If I had it to do over again I would have asked for a second opinion by one of the major ENT Hospitals like House or John Hopkins.

CRD
Left AN Tumor 6/02/02 1.4 X 1.8

Patrick

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. However, my surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta was a great success. I did have several opinions in Florida and Georgia and chose Emory due to the fact that they did have one of the top ENT hospitals as well as a great team of doctors in Dr. Mattox and Dr. Olson. The choice that I made was the right choice for me. My surgery was a year and a half ago and you cannot tell I had surgery. I am sure you hear success stories about hospitals on the west coast, but they also have bad experieces as well. I have been on this list and others for a couple of years and I have personally read the good and bad outcomes. So just know that what happened to you could happen anywhere. I pray that you will make a complete recovery. I do not know what you are going through, but do know that after time alot of peoples symtoms do get better.

Battyp

Daly & Patrick how many months are you post surgery?