Author Topic: Dr. Jackler & CK  (Read 2002 times)

thinking positively

Dr. Jackler & CK
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:25 pm »
Has anyone worked with Dr. Jackler at Stanford for CK? I know he is a renowned surgeon, but most of the posts for CK at Stanford seem to mention Dr. Chang? Jacker is recommending CK for my small tumor with him at the helm.
Thanks

Mark

Re: Dr. Jackler & CK
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »
I consulted with Dr. Jackler many years ago in terms of him doing AN surgery before I eventually did CK with Dr. Chang. Since he moved over from UCSF to Stanford I know from Dr. Chang that he became interested and was trained on CK, so it is part of the medical "tool kit" that he can offer patients. I think he is one of the most academically published people on AN's and a world class surgeon, and his embracing CK says a lot about his ability to be open to new technologies. If he is recommending CK to you, I would feel very comfortable going that direction

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Angela

Re: Dr. Jackler & CK
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:25 pm »
Dr J did my oroginal translab and has referred me to Iris Gibbs for cyberknife radiation.  I expected Chang but either way it's fine.
ongoing issues: SSD, some facial paralysis, dry eye, bad balance, tinnitus

Feb'05 Stanford- 4cm x 3 x 3 "Timmy the Big Fat Tumor" removed via 13hr Trans Lab
Nov'07 Stanford- 2hr nerve graft
Mar'08 FACE STARTED MOVING, PRAISE GOD!Sep'10 Stanford- cyberknife for 2nd tumor "tiny tommy"
Mar'12 :)