Author Topic: Someone pushed My Eye Back In my Head  (Read 17361 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Someone pushed My Eye Back In my Head
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:21:32 pm »
well that is what the optomolgist said today anyway  :o

eye doctor did everything but take eyes out of socket ... seems my right eye (surgery side ) sits back further than my left in the socket ...this could be contributing to the having to take off glasses and read with one eye closed ... he said with corrected prescription ( have had same glasses for 3 years) that it should present no problem but said I should get doctor to look at the last MRI done before surgery and at the last MRI done and have them measure it more accurately than he could with his magnifying thingy ...

that eye looks a little different as in kinda lazy and eye lids twitches ... has been contributed to nerve damage from tumor being peeled from the facial nerve... I can't remember when the facial stuff got to point it didn't bother me but think it was within the first year post surgery ...still feel numb along outside edge of eye socket  , to cheek bone and then along jaw bone ... doesn't really interfere with things ... my eye closes OK ...sometimes opens during night and I get up with it dried out ... still have metal mouth taste but just deal with it ...the twitching bothers me more than anything and doctor thought it may be from eye pulling on muscles or nerves ..

the right eye gets tired easier than it used to and then twitches more ... we attributed this to facial nerve damage too ...

I have been poking around here looking for anyone who had their eye location moved ... have yet to find it mentioned ...

I am wondering if the eye was always a little further back and just never noticed , if it is really further back than it used to be from surgery or if the facial nerve causing muscles to twitch and fire has somehow moved it back ... todays doctor thought I may need to go to a neuro optomologist to figure it out ... but starting by having MRIs compared ... we were always looking at tumor and later at empty spot Bennie used to occupy and even though I have looked at MRI slices that came from top of head down as well as the ones that go from face to back of head , didn't really pay attention to the position of eye other than to see that they are to front of head and there were two of them and kinda freaky looking on the MRI

I have copies of several pre-surgery sets here ...was gonna make a lamp shade out of some of the good shots but my husband won't let me ... I am going to look and see if I can see a difference ...I can see that my eye looks different ...dark circles and the laziness I mentioned before ...but didn't ever think it looked like it had moved ...

did come home to find my missing AN book club book in the mailbox so gonna start reading it ...should probably wait until I get my new fangled bifocals next week but gonna start it anyway ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Kaybo

Re: Someone pushed My Eye Back In my Head
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:38:03 pm »
WOW...in-ter-esting...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Soundy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:17:33 pm »
kinda ... I was looking at the copies I have here at house ...wish they were on a disk and I would put up some frames for interpretation  ;D ...the very first MRI done when ?I had weakness from bells palsy on left side (non surgery side) my left eye seems like it sets a bit back ...this was the MRI that they did when they accidentally discover Bennie when he was a 3 mm baby ... the MRI that was done about 6 month later they look even  >:( ... so go figure ...

I am thinking maybe my head is just lopsided ...

really maybe the right eye is a little further back ... he is figuring a few mm's  ... and the difference I see on MRI is due to head maybe not positioned exactly the same ... still gonna get doctor to at least look at the other MRIs ... I guess with numb parts , no hearing on one side , a sunk in place in my skull about 2.5 inches across behind my ear , twitchy eye and mouth , and all the other stuff it doesn't matter ... unless for some reason it is sinking back and plans to continue doing so ...

not real worried and neither was the doctor yesterday ...more curious
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 06:55:13 pm »
seems my skull is soft and bones moved ... according to neuro who compared the super MRI I had right before surgery when they were considering Gamma Knife and the last MRI done in December  2008 , my eye has not moved ...bones have ... he said probably from being clamped for surgery ... and said it was no big deal ... due to genetic stuff (nail patella syndrome ) my bones are soft ...not brittle that would spell breaking but what some doctors have termed incompetent ... so clamping head I guess just altered skull shape a bit making it appear my eye had dropped back ... he said things with big words so I am just listening to the part he said it was no big deal
Translab July 2 ,2007

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:06:29 pm »
Soundy ~

I've been following this thread and I'm pleased to learn that your eye hasn't actually moved and that the change noted is 'no big deal'.  I love that kind of medical diagnosis!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:06:27 am »
I like those words too when applied to any of my medical issues

his nurse called back yesterday afternoon and gave more details ... he showed scans to a orthopedic doctor and said that the seams in my skull evidently separated a bit ... she laughed and said no one would really notice unless I shaved my head and then the little egg headedness might show ... I know that I used to break bones easily and have rebroken same places several times as my bones don't mend well ... I guess the skull seams were weak

I guess to the eye doctor that had my head against that metal strap which is suppose to hold a head just so , the eye appeared set back ... with my hair you can't tell it is just the right upper part of head and fore head that is pushed a little forward ...

Next time I am in Nashville I am going to run my and peak at the scans ... I saw them when done but we were all looking at the area where Bennie lived and no one saw it ...

Egg Headed in Tennessee  :D
Translab July 2 ,2007