Author Topic: When Watch and Wait is over...  (Read 8360 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: When Watch and Wait is over...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 01:09:03 pm »
Bruce, will take the convo offline with you so we don't hijack Cayce and the thread....... *does Snoopy happy dance around office* BUT SOOOO thrilled to hear the news! Congrats *coff* Dr. Brucifer!

for all those that may not be familiar with Bruce.... much like Jim Scott (another Mod here), both Bruce and Jim are very intelligent, insightful, articulate, patient, compassionate men in what either writes (they actually have somewhat close writing styles as well).... well, I know I gain from it and hoping others here do as well.  Bruce is a much missed asset to the ANA forums and tickled that he is back sharing thoughts/experiences and insight when he's able to log on the forums. 

Phyl

Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have missed you SOOOOOOOOOO much!  :-*  :-*  :-* Good to "see" you and thanks for sharing this with us.  I hope you are doing well! :)  xo Phyl

Hiya Phil,

Long time no see! I've missed you too! Hope the Cheeky Bloke of yours is also doing well. I still remember him devouring that monstrosity of a dessert during our lunch get-together. ;-)

I don't want to hijack Cayce's thread, so I'll keep this short. Lemme see here...well, since you heard from me last (2+ years ago), my AN has remained at the same size, same station, same location; I now have hypothyroidism; and, I had angioplasty last month and had a couple of coronary stents inserted (no heart attack or pain, thank God!). Anyway, I can deal with those things. On the good side of life, I have one more class meeting at Mercer this Thursday, and then I will be finished with all of my PhD coursework. All I will have left is completing a 50-hour internship and my dissertation, so I should be finished by December of this year. I am sooo ready for graduation!!

I see that you and the other mods are holding down the fort. I'll try to lurk and post every now and then.  TTYL...

Bruce
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

Re: When Watch and Wait is over...
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 08:52:26 pm »
Cayce, I don't know how you managed it, but you have gotten advice from one of the best. Bruce was a moderator on the forum back when I was just a newbie. Bruce, it is a pleasure to see you back. I hope those health issues you mentioned are all taken care of, and best wishes for a successful PhD dissertation. Kudos for sticking with it.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.