Author Topic: Information for Watch and Waiters with HMO Ins.  (Read 2607 times)

sues1953

Information for Watch and Waiters with HMO Ins.
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:54:47 pm »
I just learned something today and thought I'd share it with those of you in W&W mode. 

If you have an HMO and are in a group you can change to a PPO and go out of network for your surgery.  You will have to wait until your open enrollment time and the premium will be higher but if you are looking at places like HEI or SBI it can be covered.  I guess some of you know this already but it was a suprise to me.  I thought it would be considered preexisting but it's not.   ;D

Best to all,

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Information for Watch and Waiters with HMO Ins.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:04:47 pm »
Thanks for the tip, Sue.

Anyone thinking of doing this though should look into it very carefully.

It may not be what it seems.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sues1953

Re: Information for Watch and Waiters with HMO Ins.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:24 pm »
Yes Jan...I hope I wasn't jumping the gun.  I will check the PPO coverage that is offerd for details.

Thanks

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.