Author Topic: Random Dizziness ten years post-op  (Read 3315 times)

tedantal

Random Dizziness ten years post-op
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:42:23 pm »
Hi All,
I had micro-surgery and GK in January, 2000 on the left side of and lost the hearing in that ear.  Since then I have been experiencing random dizzy spells that last for up to a week sometimes ... a little nausea, too.  This recent episode was preceded by a sore neck, shoulder and collar bone on the opposite side of the surgery(?)   The dizziness occurred more frequently right after the surgery (maybe monthly).  Over the years the dizzy spells have been reduced to once or twice a year. 
Otherwise, I have had know other adverse effects of the surgery other than a bit of dry eye and tingling on my left cheek, which I don't even notice anymore.
Has anyone else experienced or know about these symptoms and why they may occur?
Thanks and good luck to all.

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Random Dizziness ten years post-op
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 03:52:07 am »
I know I get very dizzy when I am sick, usually sinus related problems will do this because sinus congestion will put pressure on the vest. nerves and I guess with one missing it just becomes that much worse
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Random Dizziness ten years post-op
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:47:30 am »
These random dizzy spells seem strange to me, especially since your GK was so long ago.

They may or may not be related to your treatment.

When did you have your last MRI? 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways