Author Topic: post CK symptoms waning BUT  (Read 1556 times)

hevreh

post CK symptoms waning BUT
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:45 am »
Hi All,

It's seven months post-treatment (CK) and most everyone's feedback has been right-on!! The issues of fatigue and balance have abated and I am now exercising. My hearing is okay and in ambient noise settings it is more difficult than pre-treament; also headaches greatly subsided. Overall I am confident that my treatment choice was best for me. The time spans lengthen between getting AN symptom reminders too.

However, after letting blood rush to my head as when touching toes and when my cranium rests on the floor while restiing on my backside doing yoga, there is a great feeling of pressure on the AN side, sometimes causing the need for ibuprofen as a headache comes on and the pressure feeling continues. When this happens, it feels as though there is swelling inside the cranium making me wonder if it is from the tumor and futher concern that the tumor has grown. Is there anyone else with a like experience and is this part of the healing process over time? Thanks for your replies.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: post CK symptoms waning BUT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:05:37 pm »
Hi, and thanks for the positive recovery update!

I'm pleased to learn that your recovery is progressing so well.  The sensations at the AN surgical site when you allow blood to 'rush' to your head are fairly normal and, to my knowledge, don't really indicate tumor re-growth.  The area is still healing and this kind of sensation should subside within another six months, although that part of your skull will probably always be a bit more sensitive.  Should this continue to trouble you or if you really think your tumor is re-growing, please place a call to your doctor to get a medical professionals opinion.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.