Author Topic: Ouch, my face feels sore and bruised after stretch and massage.  (Read 4183 times)

amymeri

Ouch, my face feels sore and bruised after stretch and massage.
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:27:59 am »
I recently re-started facial massage and stretching (taught by therapist) since my botox has worn off and I am not getting more injections until after a plastic surgery consult in March.

???
Anyways-->  OUCH.  My face is really sore from the stretching and massage and I have a bit of a headache. 

What kind of things do you do to relieve that soreness....beyond Motin?

Thanks!
Amy
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Ouch, my face feels sore and bruised after stretch and massage.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:45:21 pm »
Heat - warm face cloths, a knee high filled with rice heated in the microwave, a magic bag - heated.
Works well for me... I do this morning and at night. My face gets tight and it helps the tightness as well as any pains.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:03 am »
Michelle's right - warm compresses on the face/neck is heaven.  I do this multiple times a day, as needed.  I give the outside of the bag (or sock) a little mist of water before I nuke it, which brings some moisture to the heat, which is always better for loosening muscles.  Don't give up!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:28 pm »
Cool idea about the misting. I am going to try it but maybe not too much water with my rice bag as I may need to eat it after. Hahahahah :o
Michelle  ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:41:53 pm by mimoore »
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.