Author Topic: To those with Blinkeze...  (Read 14273 times)

Cheryl R

Re: To those with Blinkeze...
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 07:20:00 am »
Chris,  Are you using the heavier type of tears or a gel?      Have you seen an opthmalogist?  They are the ones  who has the best knowledge of how to help.       Do you produce any tears?          A plug in the tear ducts can help some.    Finding the right lubricant can be a hard as some brands are not right for some people.           I had the best luck with Refresh.       Some have had to have a bit of the lid sewn shut to help.         The gold weight helps many.                Not easy to find what works best but just make sure seeing a  good eye dr.              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Chris0106

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 11:45:19 pm »
Cheryl - Thank you for the information.  I am going to call an ophthamologist Monday and hopefully can get an appt. soon.  Today my husband brought home Celluvisc which are alot thicker than what I was using and it has made a world of difference.  I can't see clearly at first but I can't see anything with the other drops I've tried because I have to sit around with my eye held shut all the time.  I also have Sjogren's Syndrome (autoimmune disease) which means I have no real tears already so this is just unbearable for me.  I had my tear ducts plugged years ago because of this and it helped tremendously for that condition.  Now I think I just need something to help my blink (lack of).  I can't have the gold weight implanted in my eyelid yet because I ended up on Coumadin after I got a blood clot in my brain/sinus after the surgery.  So nothing can happen for at least 6 months or more as far as any incision goes and I'm getting desparate for any type of relief, so this has been really helpful to me.  Thanks for the help!  8)

Chris

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 06:21:51 am »
Chris~
Hi & welcome!

I would definitely try Refresh PM at night at least and either that or drops in the day!  PLEASE ask us any questions that you have & we will do our best to answer them from our own experiences!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »
Hey Chris - Ditto what Kay said.  Try the Refresh PM during the day, too.  I use either that or the Celluvisc gel drops (heavier than regular drops) during the day - all day, every day.   :-\  Only challenge is that both blur your vision so you need to be a little careful driving.  Take care of that cornea!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

martyc

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »
The alcohol squares were recommended by my doc and I don't get it in my eye, but rather swipe the lid carefully to dry it out and clean the weight with it and let it dry before putting the adhesives on.  Then both surfaces are ready for the adhesive.  Has worked for me.
Marty