Author Topic: 14 days and counting  (Read 1686 times)

qoatip

• Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
14 days and counting
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:19 am »
My surgery is scheduled for the 10th of Feb....I've recently noticed that I am having head ache pain, on my left side..not really a headache, but like it feels like I can feel the tumor from the inside.  Has anyone else experience this? I dont necessarily feel a fullness in my ear, but in my head. I imagine it's where I imagine the tumor is. Like it's grown in the past few weeks.
Ugh
I think I'm almost ready for this to be over and to start on the road to recovery.
Thanks everyone, for all your support through this.
2.5 cm AN diagnosed 6/09
Surgery at Virginia Mason, Seattle 2/10/10

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: 14 days and counting
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:29:56 am »
Good luck.  Did anyone put your "big day" on the AN Calendar so you get into Rich's weekly update?

Haven't had a chance to look myself.

BTW, where is your surgery taking place and who is doing it?

Just curious,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

qoatip

• Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46:47 am »
Doug Backous and Farroukh Farroukhi at Virginia Mason.  they came highly recommended (as did Charles Mangham) but Backous had a few more points as well as the fact I didn't have to change insurance....

Plus, he is performing retrosigmoid, not the translab everyone else suggested.  I have a (very very smalll) chance to keep some hearing. 

2.5 cm AN diagnosed 6/09
Surgery at Virginia Mason, Seattle 2/10/10

moe

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:22:09 am »
Marla,
Thanks for the update! It will be here before you know it, and you'll be a "postie."
The fact that you may be able to have even the slightest, remote chance of keeping some hearing is good :)
Stay busy and focused and get all your duckies in a row, and you'll be there. Oh and pamper yourself too. Do things for yourself ok?
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 04:54:37 pm »
Marla ~

I have no advice on the headache but I agree that it'll be great when you're through the surgery and on the road to recovery.  Won't be long now!

I entered your surgery date on the AN Treatment Calendar.  http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d10/02/2010?authenticate=&display=M&style=B.  Feel free to edit, if you wish.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.