Author Topic: 95 year old mother has c ontained tumor in parotid gland what side effects can s  (Read 3173 times)

grandmaleblanc

My mother  has a very high quality of life even though she is 95...her tumor is maligant and they want to do surgery...feel more than 70% chance it will be o.k. She doesn't want to have surgery or radiation because of risks and after effects...would like to know what after effects she might experience from ck to this tumor which may not at this point involve the facial nerve...I can't seem to find any post on neck surgery
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:13:58 pm by grandmaleblanc »

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
grandmaleblanc ~

I'm sorry that your mother has this condition but your question is out of our membership's general sphere of experience (acoustic neuromas).  It requires the education and training of a physician, specifically a radiation oncologist, for a credible answer.  Perhaps, this website can help http://www.cyberknife.com/.  They have a forum where you can ask questions of doctors and they can probably answer yours.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

grandmaleblanc

thanks for responding...I thought I was on the cyberknife site you directed me to, I'm not great a moving around these sites...hopefully I can get an answer from them