Author Topic: tingling??  (Read 2967 times)

amaguarda

tingling??
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:36:10 am »
ok, im 3 1/2 years out of surgery. i used to notice this tingling feeling on my nose and a little on the paralyzed side. kind of like when your foot falls asleep. ive been so frustrated at my progress i dont come on this site too much. but if i ask a doctor, they dont have a clue. so does anyone have any ideas on what this is?  ???
had 4.5 cmAN tumor removed on september 11, 2006

amymeri

Re: tingling??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:57:05 am »
That tingling was my first and only symptom that I had a brain tumor.  It was caused by irritation or pressure on the trigeminal nerve which is a sensory nerve in the face.  I am guessing that your Trigeminal nerve got roughed up a bit and that caused the sensation, but that's only a guess, of course.
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:18 am »
For many of us the tingly sensation meant that the nerve impulses were finally reaching the muscles in our faces, and we saw small movement shortly thereafter. I pray this is the case for you.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 01:16:45 pm »
I started getting the tingling feelings on my effected left side after 5 1/2 months out and they continue (at six months)...its cool and makes me hopeful the nerves are waking up and will soon recover fully...I hope thats the case for you.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

msswartz

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »
Hi,

I am 2-1/2 months post op and I have tingling, like short, small electric shocks on the lower right side (palsey side) of my mouth and on the right tip of my tongue.  It is very odd.  I had tingling in the area of my mouth after about a month but I just started to get the tingling on the right tip of my tongue about a week ago.  It is very odd, but I too hope it forebodes something good.

Michael
Michael Swartz
"May the 'Swartz' be with you always"