Author Topic: Concern from a caregiver.................  (Read 25620 times)

Wwoodian

Re: Concern from a caregiver.................
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 06:22:45 pm »
Wow! Sorry to hear that your family is going through this again,but so glad that you have one another and a strong faith as well.  This forum is definitely a Godsend to many people!  Use it with all of your worries and concerns, and I promise you that you'll find a number of people that are experiencing, or have experienced similar situations.  Best to all of you!  It's going to be okay!
Jill
Diagnosed with 1 cm AN on 10-28-09
Middle Fossa surgery on left side 11-20-09
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz at House Clinic in LA.
No hearing loss or facial nerve problems
Severe double vision and bouncy vision
Yahoo!  Double Vision gone after 3 months!
Did a full marathon 1 1/2 yrs after surgery!

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »
First I have to say MARE, you are not alone here and SO GLAD you came to this site.   People use it for venting, etc.   Do what you need, but as for me it does help me realize I am NOT alone.   It is so hard for some friends and family to understand.  Some on this site say the AN journey is a 'gift that keeps on giving'.   In away, I assume it means it can play an impact in many ways before and after surgery.

I had read things on here about people developing depression, or some down sides post surgery.   So, when I started having some issues and feeling so confused and like I was complaining to family and no one gets it......I did seek some counseling about 2 1/2 months post op.   I find it MUCH helpful.  Someone different to 'bounce things off'.    I am wishing you guys the best!!

Do have a question maybe someone can answer here:  what is residual mean?    Was your tumor actually only 3 1/2MM or CM? 

Take care!!
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

mare4ever1

• God always gives you more than you can handle.
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »
DENISE,

OOPS, TYPO. MY TUMOR WAS 3 1/2 CM. I THINK A RESIDUAL TUMOR IS A LEFTOVER TUMOR. I DIN'T EVEN THINK TO ASK. IN FACT I FEEL STUPID, CAUSE THE NEXT DAY OR TWO I THOUGHT OF THINGS I SHOULD HAVE ASKED THE DR. I WON'T SEE HIM AGAIN UNTIL NEXT JAN. MY DAUGHTERS ARE FINALLY REALIZING HOW I'VE FELT AFTER SURGERY. THEY FINALLY "GET IT." I DON'T THINK MY HUSBAND IS QUITE THERE YET. I'M SO THAKNFUL MY DAUGHTER FOUND THIS SIGHT FOR ME AND FOR THEM AS WELL. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT EVERYONE.

MARE
3 1/2cm right AN; 9 hourTranslab, Sept.5, 2008. St. Vincent Hospital, Toledo, Ohio. Dr. Scott Dull and Dr. Aaron Benson. Physical Therapy for balance. Wear a hearing aid due to loss of hearing.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:15 pm »
DENISE,

OOPS, TYPO. MY TUMOR WAS 3 1/2 CM. I THINK A RESIDUAL TUMOR IS A LEFTOVER TUMOR. I DIN'T EVEN THINK TO ASK. IN FACT I FEEL STUPID, CAUSE THE NEXT DAY OR TWO I THOUGHT OF THINGS I SHOULD HAVE ASKED THE DR. I WON'T SEE HIM AGAIN UNTIL NEXT JAN. MY DAUGHTERS ARE FINALLY REALIZING HOW I'VE FELT AFTER SURGERY. THEY FINALLY "GET IT." I DON'T THINK MY HUSBAND IS QUITE THERE YET. I'M SO THAKNFUL MY DAUGHTER FOUND THIS SIGHT FOR ME AND FOR THEM AS WELL. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT EVERYONE.

MARE

Phew, I sure was hoping that there wasn't redisual (found out that does mean left overs) from a 3 1/2 millimeter AN  ;)    I was thinking:   that is so small, how could there be residual?

As for the questions, I think we all do that.   Give them a call.  Most offices are good about at least letting you talk with the nurse and she can get answers or like mine, even the doctor has called me back (I live 3 1/2 hours away & NOT gonna drive for a  few questions).

So glad your daughters came to this site.   Have to say, I almost wish all ANers families & friends could learn more from this site.   It is a hard situation sometimes because  once the tumor is out and the scar starts to heal  (or radiation treatment is done), some people think its over.......well, I've found out and read a lot......NOT!!

Glad some of your family has got to see more and hopefully you will benefit greatly too from the support and understanding in this AN forum.

Hugs....Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

mare4ever1

• God always gives you more than you can handle.
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:41 am »
THANK YOU DENISE FOR ENCOURAGING ME TO CALL MY DR. I DID AND TALKED TO HIS NURSE. SHE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I DO HAVE A LEFTOVER 3 1/2 MM. TUMOR FROM MY 3 1/2 CM. TUMOR. THEY ARE GOING TO WATCH IT CLOSELY WITH M.R.I.'S. MY ? WAS WHY THEY DIDN'T SEE IT AFTER THE FOLLOW-UP M.R.I. I HAD DONE 5MOS. AFTER THE SURGERY. GUESS IT WAS THERE THEN, THINKING IT COULD BE SCAR TISSUE, WHICH IF THING'S DON'T CHANGE OVER TIME THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT IT COULD BE, SCAR TISSUE. SO WE'LL WAIT AND SEE. WAITING.....IT'S SO HARD SOMETIMES :-\
BUT I KNOW I'M IN GOOD HANDS AND GOOD COMPANY :)

HUGS, MARE
3 1/2cm right AN; 9 hourTranslab, Sept.5, 2008. St. Vincent Hospital, Toledo, Ohio. Dr. Scott Dull and Dr. Aaron Benson. Physical Therapy for balance. Wear a hearing aid due to loss of hearing.