Author Topic: Update on my experience with Pamelor  (Read 2906 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Update on my experience with Pamelor
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »
It's been almost 1 year that I began treatment for headaches by taking Pamelor. It has helped a great deal. I used to wake up just about every single day, either in the middle of the night or in the morning with a headache. Sometimes the headaches were very intense and debilitating. They usually went away after a 30-45 mins. but I went thru this almost daily.

After a few months of taking Pamelor, I began sleeping straight through some nights, waking up about 3 or 4 times a week with a much milder pain. Lately it was more of a discomfort than pain.

Sounds great doesn't it? Well, at some point along the way, I began getting headaches at the end of the work day. These headaches seem to spread to my right shoulder. So for the past few weeks I was getting a headache or feeling the discomfort daily. If not in in the early morning, then I got it at the end of the work day.

It seem to me that Pamelor has stopped helping. For about three weeks now, I've been off Pamelor. My body & brain are still adjusting to the chang. I'm a bit dizzier throughout the day, but it's easier getting up in the morning now. Pamelor made getting up in the morning very difficult.

I am trying to help the shoulder pain with topical cremes. I found this one creme that works like Ben Gay. It burns and smells like it, but has a different name (Calmadolores). I've been using this for about a couple of weeks. Well, I haven't woken up with any pain or discomfort for about 10 days now. That's a record. I'm also taking vitamins & supplements & trying different teas. So far so good.

Ill keep you posted.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Update on my experience with Pamelor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:49:14 pm »
Hi, Syl ~

You've had quite a ride with headaches and assorted remedies.  Proving that there is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to what works for headache relief.  I'm glad to learn that you've found something that works for your shoulder pain and have successfully weaned yourself from the no-longer-effective Pamelor.  Thanks for the informative update.  Keep getting better!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Update on my experience with Pamelor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »
Curcumin? Is that the product name. Can I get it anywhere? I'd like to try it.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.