Author Topic: Now officially 'watch & wait'  (Read 2438 times)

briansmome

Now officially 'watch & wait'
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:14:58 am »
Decided with doctor yesterday to wait GK until/if we see new growth. He was willing to go ahead with GK if I wanted; still not sure I made the right decision, but going ahead without being certain just didn't seem to make sense to me. We'll see what the next MRI (in 4 months) shows!!
4.2 cm cerebellopontine angle tumor; resected 6/09. About 20% remains; last MRI showed no subsequent growth :) Stroke during surgery; dealing with after effects of that but better every day!

Vivian B.

Re: Now officially 'watch & wait'
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:24:38 am »
Hello,

It's so rare to see CPA tumours. I have one myself. Most of them seem to be ANs. I will also be having GK in the near future. I think it's o.k. to wait if no growth. That is what I am doing.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

epc1970

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:59:03 am »
My AN was a CPA one as well and had over 95% surgically removed....I was advised to wait unless there is growth but not sure if I am W&W material as I am growing quite anxious about my next scan which is in March. My last scan-a year ago-showing the remaining tumor was shrinking so I sure hope that has continued!
Erin

suboo73

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:25:56 am »
Hi briansmome!

I am in W & W for an AN. Initially it was pretty nerve wracking - but i think i have adjusted ok after a year +.
As long as you are doing the follow-up MRIs it should be fine.
Of course, i reserve the right to change my mind, since i am a woman.   ::)

My father had a stroke last May and is still dealing with those issues.
I believe you will know when the time is right to seek further treatment.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W