Author Topic: Return of tears...  (Read 3269 times)

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
Return of tears...
« on: April 10, 2006, 07:21:18 pm »
Hi everyone, I have a question about tears coming back. Yesterday I was just sitting here watching TV and I suddenly felt a tear roll down my cheek. That is the first tear since surgery. All day long my eye continued to water...I have the tear duct plug so the tears can't drain... Today my eye is very irritated and a bit swollen. No tearing all day until just a couple of hours ago. Is it common for the tears to come and go at first? Can anyone share what it was like when the affected eye starts to work again? Thanks in advance. Luvs 2 U all, Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Battyp

Re: Return of tears...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 07:42:47 pm »
Sherry I had tears this morning.  Second time in a week so I'm curious to know too!

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:53 pm »
Awwwwww Phyl this would just be too cool...we seem to be healing on about the same schedule. It was really awesome yesterday. I didnt need and ointment or drops all day long. I have only used ointment once today. I hope it stays this way and continues to improve. I have not been able to see clearly or wear make-up since surgery.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

matti

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:06:19 pm »
Yippee for tears, sounds like things are starting to wake up and getting back to work. Mine just happened one day as well.  I can't cry out of my affected eye, but I only have to use drops/gel occasionally  ;D
 Now, it is only through chewing that I can produce tears.

Welcome back Sherry, haven't seen you here in quite a while.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 09:16:33 pm »
Sherry I'm 3 weeks behind you surgery wise so we are pretty neck and neck.

Matti....darn!  I was eating both times was hoping things were waking up..sounds more like I was chewing like a horse  lol

michelle

onebadass350bird

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 02:17:39 am »
from the the time that I got home, my eye was extremely dry through about 3 months post op, I never was advised any oinment, just drops and used to used appoximately 14-16 drops per day.  Now (month 4-6), I only need to use approximately 3-4 drops per week if any at all, plus my eye isn't nearly as irritated as it was for the first 3 months.  When I was at about 4 months and able to cut my drops down, I was able to look very closely at my lower eyelid where it meets the eye ball and see a little bit of moisture that looked very similar to my good eye so that was encuraging.  I can usually stand moderately windy conditions now without too many problems for at least a short period of time. 

Oh, and on a tangent ladies, just be glad that you don't have to shave your faces when half of it is numb like the guys do, lol

Tom
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

thecakes

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 05:02:05 am »
   Sherry, congrats to you! My eyes are dry also.{since Oct.02}I think I would tell my doctor but this is probably a common thing.  I have broke my shopping habit because of this.  Me eyes would really bother me when I walk through the mall. {dry up}

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 06:10:48 am »
Oh, Sherry! Fab news! Congrats! Congrats! Thilled to hear and hoping the irritation and such clears up.  Yep, right there with you and here's hoping you have a fantastic day!  BoSox Home opener and I'm psyched! Bring on the boys of Summer!  YAY! :)

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"