Author Topic: I have a date for Trans Lab!  (Read 6107 times)

CoachDJ

I have a date for Trans Lab!
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:02:38 pm »
Talked to Doctors, and I will be having Trans LAb on January 19th in Little Rock, AR.  I appreciate all info provided by all of you and hope all of you have a safe and productive new year.  Those of you with experience with trans Lab, I ask for your personal views and experiences on how it went.  Now I have some peace and I am ready to get it out!

Thanks,

DJ

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: I have a date for Trans Lab!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:16:07 pm »
DJ,

Congrats on the selection of the date and approach..  I've taken the liberty of adding your sugery to the AN Treatments calendar.  It's just around the corner, but I'm sure you're relieved that it's almost here.

Congrats!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:36:51 pm »
DJ ~

It's always a two-edged sword, as it were, when you receive a firm date for treatment.  Relief that the wait is almost over and you can begin to relax a bit but the concerns about the actual experience and, most of all, the outcome, tend to give you something new to be anxious about.  Still, congratulations on getting a surgery date and of course, many prayers will be going up for you between now and January 17th.  I think you'll be O.K.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:55:00 pm »
DJ

Congratulations on scheduling your procedure.  At least having a firm date to look forward to allows you to take control of a situation that can be very frustrating.  Good luck and I hope you are able to relax for the next few weeks.  We will all be cheering for you and wishing you well as your date approaches.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:10:49 pm »
DJ~
I know that the 19th will be here before you know it and you can get this taken care of & get on with your life!!  Feel free to PM me or ask any questions of all of us if you think of something specific you were wondering!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 07:04:01 pm »
DJ -

congratulations on your treatment decision  ;D

As Kaybo said, the 19th will be here before you know it. 

You'll be a postie soon!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:16:37 pm »
Hey DJ, congrats on the date...Like it was said, the hardest part is deciding what to do and when.  There's a plethora of info on here regarding translab surgeries, I am sure you've done a lot of searching for that keyword.  Also something to keep in mind is what to take with you to the hospital...do a keyword search for that as there are a lot of threads on that subject...the bottom line for that is keep it to a minimum because you more than likely won't be up to a lot of reading or using the computer after the surgery.  Anyways, good luck and please continue to ask questions or if need be...vent. :)
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

LisaP

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 09:59:20 am »
DJ,

Good luck and you are in our thoughts and prayers

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 04:34:45 pm »
Hi DH-

Just wanted to add my well-wishes here.  Glad you have a date - it was an enormous relief to me to have that date locked in.  And, I found that the closer the date got, the calmer I got.  BTW, I also had translab, so if you want to ask any specific questions, feel free to PM me and we can chat or email or whatever you prefer.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Vivian B.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:21:35 pm »
Hi DJ

Jan. 19/2010 is so soon, it will over before you know it. Good luck and keep us posted. Prayers are going your way from Canada.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:14:36 pm »
Dj,
On February 16, 2010, it will be three years since my retrosigmoid surgery.  The day before my surgery I had an appointment with Dr. Stefan for my complete physical.  When I walked into his office there was a man and woman sitting in his waiting room.  We started talking and he told me he had Translab surgery the week before.  He was walking, talking, laughing and very reassuring to me.  This helped me more than anything to talk to someone who had been there and made it through.  After that "chance meeting" (by the way I do not believe in coincidences) I was totally ready for my surgery.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jean  :D
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »
My prayers and thoughts will be with you on the 19th.

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

CoachDJ

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 09:09:51 am »
Thanks so much to everyone that responded!  I am looking forward to surgery & quick recovery.  A special thanks to Jean, your response especially helped put me at ease.

Thanks again,

DJ

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:53 pm »
Good luck!  Getting to this point is half the battle.  Wewill be keeping you in our thoughts as the date grows closer.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.