Author Topic: New Years resolutions for 2010?  (Read 8917 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: New Years resolutions for 2010?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:50:48 am »
. . . no chocolate.

Sara

NO chocolate?! :o  GASP!

Cheers with my new lowered quota of Java  ... and ... "Hey! Who ate all the holiday chocolates?"... (and apparently NO chocolate -double GASP!)

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
ditto what Lori and AnnMarie and my DazyHazyMazy said....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

moe

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 12:25:06 pm »
My New Year's resolution:

Stay active, do my WII fit balance games more -feeling a little dizzy lately. Maybe it's the dark, dreary  northwest weather. Try not to whine so much! (but will continue the wine- just one glass/day)

Cut down on the crap food.

Get my eye tweeked (canthoplasty? and eye brow lift (next Sept?)-oculoplastic surgeon at Madigan. I hate basically seeing out of one eye!

Do SOMETHING surgically about my face-  (okay this is a WISH)......Folllow up AGAIN in February at UW in Seattle. Will see what he says.....

Oh yea and practice random acts of kindness!
I think we ALL do that on this forum, don't ya think? ;)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 03:42:44 pm »
My resolution is to quit having acoustic neuromas,  two is enough thank you very much....

seriuosly,  after surgery, then recoery, mine is to if possible, get back to being the active person I once was b4 AN #1

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

moe

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 12:04:26 am »
Patti,
Yep that is a good resolution- keep pluggn along.
I forgot to add one:

Do something for myself DAILY!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

neuroma_racer

• late apexing
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 02:55:39 am »
lose 70 pounds,
and a gram or two of myelin
mild hearing loss - 12/'09
left 4x5x7mm, intracannicular schwanomma
MIDDLE FOSSA surgery 4/'10, Dr John McElveen, et.al.
was actually a FACIAL NERVE NEUROMA
hearing worsened 4/'12 - Tumor quadrupled to 9x9x15mm
cyberknife 8/'12
1.5yr MRI shows shrinkage % 85% necrosis
LEFT hearing & tinnitus SUCK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 07:41:32 am »
lose 70 pounds,

If you've got any concrete ideas on how to do that, don't hesitate to PM them to me  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 10:01:45 am »
I think weight loss is an extra challenge for us ANers since we don't seem to be able to be as active as we used to be. My activity used to kept my weight stable.  I laid on an extra 25lbs over the first 2-3 yrs after surgery, then last spring I got sick of being heavier, and knew I couldn't get if off with exercise since I can't stay consistant with anything, either feeling too crummy or I take a fall and hurt myself, so I tried Herbal life protein shakes every morning and really watched my intake for Lunch and dinner.  I dropped 16lbs. But then when the diagnosis of AN #2 came, I seemd to quit caring.  Now I have put 1/2 that back on, go in for surgery again next week and know I'll be sitting on my but for the next long while.  And all the well wishers bring lots and lots of food.  We are doomed to lay on the extra LB's....LOL    I lost 9lbs with the first surgery, but quickly put it back on, so maybe I can be strong and after the surgery loss, keep it off...................one can dream can't they :-\

patti ut
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 05:50:26 am »
OK, new New Years Resolution,  I plan to try to quit saying Whaaaat?  when my family and close friends speak to me from across the room or behind me.  It is annoying to them and to me, and it's high time they learn that I cannot hear and so they need to make sure I know they are speaking to me in order to get a response.   I plan to just ignore them when they start to talk to me from across the room, I normally pick up on part of it but don't catch enough to know what they said, so instead of acknowleding they spoke to me but requireing them to repeat, if I don't repsond, they will have to walk up to me and know that I am hearing them.............Time to get these people trained  LOL

patti ut

lori67

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 09:47:36 am »
Patti, I think I will do the same thing!  It is about time they learned! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

another NY postie

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:12:13 am »
I just read this post after concluding this morning that there is no such thing as having TOO much coffee in the morning...my drug of choice..but yes, I know it is not good for us and may follow suit and try to wean myself a bit...it just smells so good and helps me wake up and face the day!  Rather ritualistic about my morning coffee.... ;D

My one resolution is BALANCE both literally and figuratively -
now that I am back at work, I can see that this is my challenge for 2010...I already have skipped exercise all week...which is a no! no! ::)  

Maybe posting here in writing will give me incentive or guilt me into keeping it!

Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

Keri

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »
i avoid NY resolutions because i set way too many detailed goals, then get all defeated when i can't do it all.
so i'll try to keep it simple. i'm a committed runner (i'm slow, just so you won't think i'm one of these super fast running types) and i do alright at saturday morning long runs. but when it comes to during the week, i put it off all day then right around the time i should be thinking of cooking dinner i think 'gee - i need to go for a run before it gets dark!' i work from home some of the time, so have a flexible schedule. i need to become more of a morning runner (would rather drink coffee and read the paper then start working).

like cheryl just said, if we post it on here, we may just start or keep doing it, so i think i'll start a separate thread for those who need to get motivated to run or walk or exercise.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!