Author Topic: Starting CyberKnife Treatments on Monday!  (Read 16948 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: Starting CyberKnife Treatments on Monday!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:07:51 pm »
See an update of my first CyberKnife Treatment today with a video I shot in the room with the Robot and stuff @ www.wonkyhead.com or just follow my "Globe" link to the left.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

moe

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 10:59:28 pm »
Hey Doc,
Hope you survived your first day of CK. Will be thinking of you this week.
Great news on the little twitchies on the cheek and lip. I remember being soooo excited when I got my first twitch.
Getting great little fuzzy sensations on my left face too- still waiting for movement around the mouth.
Anyway, back to YOU>
Take it easy. How's your eye holding UP?
things are getting better, slowly but surely.....
Maureen ;)
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Doc

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 12:34:20 pm »
Hey Maureen,

Everything is going well, with CK Treatments and especially the Eye.  I haven't worn a patch in days...the last procedure did the trick.  Posted on todays CK visit at www.wonkyhead.com with some more pictures.

Take Care!
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 04:29:34 pm »
Doc ~

Congratulations on your successful CK treatments!  Thanks for the link...great photos! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

opp2

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »
Love the window Doc, You're doing Fabulous. All the best.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

cyrmom2

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:09 am »
Hello Doc!
I LOVED the cyberknife (aka toaster) video.  Actually it would make an excellent patient ed video for CK since it doesn't look too scary. ;) Sounds like you are doing very well with your treatments. Keep up the good work!

I'm bookmarking your blog. I have a some AN and non-AN friends (all survivors) that are going to love it.  Looking forward to more dog pics.

Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

Doc

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 02:34:25 pm »
Hi Cyndi,

Thanks as always...blogged some more about todays third treatment w/more pictures @ www.wonkyhead.com

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 03:15:51 pm »
Great Blog!  I bookmarked it.

Congats on your successful treatments, although I must admit that mask DOES look scary!   :D

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Doc

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
The CK Machine at Kennestone is broken today and a technician has to come in from out of town to make the necessary repairs...what a shame and terrible inconvenience for patients. No local service means they can't ensure treatment continue on schedule only adding to the frustration and stress associated with being subject to things that are way out of your control, an Acoustic Neuroma Tumor notwithstanding.  Not a happy camper today and have no idea when they'll be able to complete my last two treatments now...that sucks!  I also have paid plane tickets for business travel next week and important business meetings that will have to be changed...hope this doesn't get me in trouble with the job.

Doc

cyrmom2

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 03:12:28 pm »
Hi Doc.
Hope the technician fixing this machine is fast and very smart!

How do you feel?
Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

Doc

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »
Now they've cancelled tomorrows treatment too...they're waiting on a spare part...what a darn shame a piece of equipment and program so critical to the care of so many isn't better managed and maintained.  The Hospital doesn't have an aggressive spare parts stocking program in place to preclude prolonged down times...that sucks! They've taken what is already a stressful time even worse.  It will be sometime next week now before I can finish my last two treatments....argh!  This has also made a mess of my work schedule too...I have to attempt to reschedule all of next weeks out of town appointments...and pay airline ticket change fees out of pocket...snap...the company could give a crap about the CK machine being down.

Not a Happy Camper!
  >:(
Doc

moe

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:03 am »
Dang Doc,
What is it with you anyway :D I thought  "Yes, finally something that is NON complicated and without immediate BAD side effects!"
It just figures, Murphy's law and all that.
I guess they can't afford to have 2 machines?? or have FED EX delivery of the part? jeez..
Hopefully your out of town appts and your company will understand. Stretch the truth. "The remainder of my brain tumor still needs to be shrunk down, sorry!" Keep the humor, I know it's hard!
Hang in there. The airport is not a fun place now a days anyway...
 Grrrr, >:(
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

opp2

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 02:39:48 am »
Sorry about the crappy situation Doc. I wish I could wish it better. Hang in there.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

cindyj

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 09:13:08 am »
No way!  I hadn't seen this thread in a day or so and was just getting ready to tell you to "enjoy" your last day of zapping, only to read about the delay due to malfunction!  What are the odds that the CK machine would go out the week YOU are having treatment?!?  Sorry, Doc, know you're so ready to be done with all this...but, you know you will get through it and later this will just be one more chapter in your very interesting story...book, perhaps?

Cindy

(Be careful on the roads out there - you know how we get here in GA with these winter storms ;) )
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Doc

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 11:45:45 am »
Thanks all...the machine is still down...still no idea when they'll continue my treatments; two remaining.  More on my blog at www.wonkyhead.com.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc