Author Topic: Washington, DC Doctors and advice needed  (Read 8400 times)

jmarcruff

Washington, DC Doctors and advice needed
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:38:49 am »
hi,

so i'm new here and need advice.

2.9 x 4.1 cm is what the mri radiologist states in her report. reading here i figure this is big, i have seen a surgeon but his people have yet to give me a date. a have a friend in contact with several other dr's but want to speak with someone who had this done.

pretty dizzy(no work) so typing is hard. i would be happy to call you anytime you like.

marc

Battyp

Re: Washington, DC Doctors and advice needed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:36:13 am »
Marc sorry you have to join our club but know we're here to get you through this.

What has your doctor told you so far?  Did the doctor explain the different types of surgery?  Before my surgery I set up my physical therapy/vestibular therapy place.  I didn't want to wait until after the fact.  There are some here who have seen docs up in your area.  Cant' remember if it was in VA or DC.  I know they've posted on the board..come guys help marc out!

I know if typing, and reading are a problem for you many of us will talk on the phone if it's easier.  Just let us know what your needs are and we'll help you anyway we can!  Yes, you're tumor is on the large size but it's there have been others on here who have had bigger tumors and have successfully been treated.  Granted life does change as you know it but you will overcome your obstabcles just slowly.  I'm not used to slow but am getting the hang of it!

Michelle

jmarcruff

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 02:51:56 pm »
thanks bp.

marc

Todd

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 12:01:57 pm »
Hi Marc,
I had my 3 cm AN surgically removed in december of 2000 at Fairfax Hosp.  I had an amazing neurosurgeon, his name is Dr. Laligam Sekhar.  If you ever need to talk I would be glad to hear from you.

Todd

dsantosa

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:06 pm »
Marc,

I am currently waiting for my surgery.  My tumor is 3 cm and my surgery is scheduled on 18th of october.  My doctor is Dr. Sanjay Prasad and Frederic Schwartz.  They are located in Bethesda, MD and Washington D.C.  I will let you know about my surgery after I go through it.  You can see Dr. Sanjay Prasad first.  These doctors have been working together since 1990 and perform over 400+ surgery with AN.

I hope this help.

Daud Santosa