Author Topic: Got my WII Fit Plus!!  (Read 15489 times)

Lynn Mc

Got my WII Fit Plus!!
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:25:33 am »
Wahooo!  Got a WII Fit Plus from my boss because he read somewhere that it could help me with my balance.  Guess he is tired of his unbalanced employee.  What a nice man I work for (been here 23 years!).  Anyway can't wait to get this set up.  I am a little challenged when it comes to this stuff but will get it done.  I think this is the most excitement I have had in forever!!!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to all,

Lynn     
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
Re: Got my WII Fit Plus!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:17:53 pm »
That was so nice of your boss!!!

My kids are getting a Wii for Chistmas tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be buying myself the balance board and Wii Fit game sometime soon after.  I've heard such great things about it.  Let us know if you like it and what games seem to work.

Enjoy!

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Amplified2000

• Loose nut behind the wheel
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:28:03 pm »
That is a very awesome and thoughtful gift!

I've been wanting to get a Wii for a while and the Wife has been resisting so I will likely use my AN and possible surgery as leverage to get one.. sneaky and underhanded? maybe but at least the little booger can be a little useful  :P
10th Cranial Nerve Neuroma - 4.6cm x 4.2cm x 6.8cm - Removed 5/08 by Dr. John Leonnetti @ Loyola University
AN - Left IAC - 20mm x 9mm x 11mm - 2/10
Mid-Fossa - Dr. Friedman @ HEI on 3/3/10
Total removal, only mild hearing loss.. did have a CSF leak but they fixed it :)
Home recovering :)

marg

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 12:44:08 am »
I have had my Wii fit for over a year and the Wii fit plus for about 2 months.  It has helped greatly with my balance.  Some of the yoga I really can't do without using a chair to hold on to (the 1 legged yoga stuff) but this has helped so much that I don't have to be thinking about my balance every time I get up and go walking.  Of course if I am really tired then my balance is worse but other than that, it has made a huge difference.  I shared quite a bit of information about it in the last ANA news letter that came out. 
   I recomment the Wiii fit to everyone who has had balance problem.

marg
p.s.   Hope you all had a great Christmas
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:12:24 am »
YAHOO!  I got a Wii Fit yesterday as a surprise gift from my family!  It's pretty awesome.  At this point, it is saying my "balance" age is 40.  I'm 31.  Haha.

So, I still have a way to go, but I think my balance is pretty good for only 2ish weeks out.  Pretty neat.  If I can wrangle the Wii from the kids for an hour or two today, I'll practice some more.

Lynn Mc

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 08:08:35 am »
Congrats Lynn!!!!

That is great balance, 2 weeks out!!!!!  Hope I do as well.  The kids do have a great time with them.  I tried my daughters last year & it had me way over my real age & I wasn't half as wonky as I am now.   I am going to get mine going today.  I am afraid what mine says my age is before surgery&*$&#.  I will be honest & post it.

Happy Trails,
Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 08:24:46 am »
we got one too ... my balance age was 51 !!!... uggg..   :'(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Lynn Mc

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 12:25:30 pm »
Got my WII up & running!!!  It says I am 68 (really I am 60).  I am going to work hard so it doesn't say I am 80 as a postie!  One of the first things it asked me after I did all the prelims was did I trip a lot!!$#@.    It also says I am UNBALANCED!!  I guess the truth is out!
 Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

mll

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 05:20:33 pm »
My husband got me a Wii Fit  and i love it! i try and do a little bit of balance games a night.  A little embarrassing but my Wii age is 56 and I'm 32!!!  guess I hae alot of work to do :)  I'm about 8 weeks post op so we'll see how it goes. Congrats and keep me posted.

maria

Tamster

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »
Oh dear,
Now my competitive nature comes out. I should not have found this thread. Nope. Should not have.  :)  Now I have a place to post my wii fit age and my penguin tummy slide scores! Anyone ready to take me on for eating fish on an iceberg? On second thought, since I can't get back to the tennis court quite yet, maybe this will be good for me. hehehehe.. does make me smile.

Tam
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 02:14:13 pm »
We have had the Wii for a year now and I got insurance to pay for Wii Fit ... oldest got Fit Plus
for her birthday ...

my age is 52 today ... 4 weeks ago when I last tested , it was 47 ... I am 48 so not far off ...

I like playing against the girls ... on most things they can whip me coming and going ... but
the penguins and the balance board where ball drops through mazes is mine ... Yoga is not my
strong point , but I  can chase that little dog all over the place untilI have mild asthma attack
and still enjoy it ...I love the ski jump now that I have figured out how to do it and not fall
off the front of the balance board ...

the girls have other non balance board games that test mind agility ... I will just
say my mind is not as agile as it should be ...

if nothing else the Wii and Wii fit make me relax and lighten up and have fun and not worry
so much about my wobbly gait ... it just enhances the game and make it more fun for spectators
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Lynn Mc

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:26 am »
Tamster,

You are on.  I have gotten pretty good at catching those fish.  Can't get the red ones as I always fall off!!!!

Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 03:22:48 pm »
I think you could both take me in the penguins game.  My penguin is always falling off the edge! 

I also stink at the down hill skiing, but I'm pretty good at the one where you drop the ball(s) through the little tables. 

I like the yoga exercises, but I don't feel like it is really doing much for my balance and since I get tired of anything after a few minutes I'm trying not to waste my energy on things that might not be helping.  Except for bowling.  I love wasting my energy on bowling.   ;)

Tamster

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »
GAME ON!

This morning I got on Wii Fit first thing as my balance is pretty wobbly when I first wake up. My Wii age was 52 which is my real age too, so that's come down about 12 years since I got home.
My penguin record is 102.

Should I start trying the slalom now too?

Give me a challenge; there's no vestibular rehab here in SLC until the 14th so Wii and walking are my exercises for now.

Tam
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:34 am »
Yay!  I think we should set up a challenge.  It will encourage us all to practice!  My best penguin score is 72 so I better go get busy if I'm going to beat you.