Author Topic: Contact Day for Baha  (Read 1869 times)

Richey

Contact Day for Baha
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »
I got my BP-100 today and so far it seems to be doing a good job. The Audioloigist said that this was only the second BP-100 she has programmed but that she had done many of the other models.
So far the only things I have noticed that I don't like is that I could not wear my sock hat while walking because it made the unit feedback. I go back in two weeks for a recheck with the audio lady and we will talk more about things. I have not had a chance yet to use it in a noisy place to see if the second program helps any.
  After using a bi-cross for several years this is very different I'm getting the sound from the deaf side but it has a very different effect than the aids did, I guess that the bone conduction is just different and so far I think the quality is better and it's great not having anything in my ears.
  The audio lady said the third program was to hook up an Ipod or something like that which I have not interest in, does anyone know if it can be used for another option.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Contact Day for Baha
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
Hi, Richey.

Congratulations on the BP100.  I currently have a Divino, but will be upgrading next month.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll be able to wear a hat with your BP100 and not get feedback; unless things have drastically changed from the Divino to the BP100.  Any object that gets too close to my Divino (even a hair clip) causes it to squeal.  I think that's just the nature of the beast.

I don't know the answer to your question about the third program, but the more I read about the iPod hookup option the more I think I may decide to go with it.  I tried it out @ the ANA Symposium in August and was very impressed with the sound quality.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sefra22

Re: Contact Day for Baha
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:01:23 pm »
Hi Richey,
I was not told that the third program was for an iPod, but I don't know for sure. I do know you would have to buy a special adaptor, and they're quite pricey. ($250)

Only settings 1 and 2 are programmed in my BP100, but I only use the first one. It is programmed with the feedback manager "off", and the second program is the "music" setting.

I can't wear any type of hat or even a scarf with my BAHA turned on, so if I have to be outside for any length of time, I remove it or turn if off.

Congratulations on your BAHA, and be sure to keep notes of your issues for your next visit with your audiologist.

Lisa

Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009