Author Topic: Had my 4th MRI last Friday  (Read 2982 times)

agnes

• "Serenity Prayer"
Had my 4th MRI last Friday
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »
Hi everyone, had my 4th MRI last Friday. I had this one a little earlier than a year because my insurance is changing and I will have
a deductible next year. The nurse called me from the Primary's office and left a message stating nothing about whether or not
there was any growth, which is what I was concerned about, just about vascular changes. I will have to call her tomorrow to get
a copy of the report in hand. I like to keep all of my reports here at home in a file. I went to see a Neurologist in June and I had
vascular changes listed on my report then, and he told me there was nothing to worry about. But I really didn't care for the man
at all. He was very arrogant and rude actually and very matter of fact. I did pass my neuro test, but he even failed to send a copy
to my primary's office, so they think I never even saw the Neurologist at all. They want me to go see another one. I think next
year I am changing my primary phys. and also getting another Neurologist. There is a local one here that one of my friends went
to and had cyperknife for a different issue, it was not an AN. She was very impressed with the female Neurologist and the treatment.
This Neuro is on my insurance plan starting in January. Has anyone else had noted Vascular changes on their MRI?
Agnes 
6x8x12 mm diagnosed 7/11/07 left side AN watch and wait. Partial hearing loss
left ear. Second MRI done 03/21/2008 waiting results. Unchanged from last year. 1.3 cm.Third MRI done 02/16/2009 1.3 cm unchanged. 4th MRI 12/18/09  Still 1.3 no growth, just some vascular chgs noted.MRI 11-30-12 no growth

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Had my 4th MRI last Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:25:55 am »
I do not have any answers for you about the vascular changes but what I would suggest for not only a written copy but ask for a copy of the actual films they can put it on a CD in some cases just state you need it for another doctor's opinion and it should be given to you no charge.

Good Luck,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.