Author Topic: Another Postie joins the ranks!!  (Read 7099 times)

Sobes

Re: Another Postie joins the ranks!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 12:13:10 pm »
Great news Jay!!! ;D Sorry this is a bit late :( It's 2 days before surgery and so busy...lots to do! Will be joining you and Lyn and other posties very soon!  ;D

Bren~
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »
Heya Bren!! Good to hear from you! You know you don't have to apologize for things like that...all of us know how that goes! :)  Thanks to all for their comments over the last few days...I am doing well, eye tracking still not back to normal yet but otherwise all is well! Heading home tomorrow to Phoenix, six hour car ride...this should be fun!  I sure have had a lot of time to contemplate how things are and how they went.  I do want to say that any of the newbies that are just joining us here, ASK and RESEARCH the hell out of this thing until  you know it inside and out. This board was extremely invaluable to me and my family as far as all that. I definitely noticed the difference of all those that were coming through House Ear Institute and were waiting to go to surgery, their levels of anxiety were through the roof because they simply didn't know what was coming up for them.  This board is a vast repository of information, and if nothing else, many kind shoulders to lean on when you are filled with fear, doubt, and indecision.  Ok, i'll get off my soapbox now and just say to everyone have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks again to all my new found friends!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

gingerbread6

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:54 pm »
Hey Jay,

Glad you are doing so well. You rocked it!!! Rest up for the holidays so you can enjoy them with your family and friends.

My big day is a week from tomorrow in Boston with Dr. Black. I had my pre op testing last Thursday, and all went very well. I'm ready to be on the other side with the rest of you "posties" I will wear the "magic scarf" proudly in support of us all.

I totally agree with you about this forum and all of the great people in it. The support and camaraderie is what keeps me going through this whole journey. We are all a family for sure.

Take care, Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy 2010 to you and your family.

God Bless,

Gingerbread 6
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:15:08 pm by Jim Scott »

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 04:46:26 pm »
Thanks Marie! You reminded me, I had forgotten to mention to all that gingerbread6 will be the next proud bearer of the magic scarf.  I hope it serves her as well as it has the rest of us! Good luck Marie, our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 06:47:38 pm »
You seem to be doing great Jay;
I just read your CaringBridge update and it sounds as if things couldn't have gone better. I thought Dennis came out of surgery as good as you could possibly could have. But you; Your hearing actually improved! Your a 1 in a million. You'll probably be ready for work by tomorrow.

Seriously, take it easy. You may feel like you can do a lot of things you did prior to surgery but, the last thing you want to do is blow out some fat and start leaking SF.

I'm really glad to hear that things are going so good for you. It sounds as if Santa thought you were a good boy this year.

Wishing you and Lisa the best.
Mike

PS. Glad to hear the magic scarf is going on to gingerbread6. I know her surgery is next week.
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:58 am »
Wow, Jay!!!  That magic scarf made your hearing BETTER?  That's just fantastic.  I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well.   

I hope the car ride goes well.  I've been in the car a few times since my surgery (of course, not that long) and it does feel pretty weird, but it seems like after 10 min or so I adjust and it isn't so bad.  I hope it will be the same for you and your ride home will be very comfortable.  I'll send positive thoughts and prayers your way for your trip home.  Let me tell you, it feels GREAT to be home.  I bet just walking in your front door will make you feel a lot better. 

Get some good rest and take care.  Safe travels!

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

gingerbread6

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 01:19:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

I can't wait to be on the "postie" side with you all. The suspense is killing me! I am anxiously awaiting  the arrival of the "magic scarf" Good thing it's a busy week with Christmas and all. My mind is occupied. Merry Christmas to all of you on the forum. My life has been enriched by knowing you all. I feel like we are one, big family, all helping, leaning on and supporting each other. Thank God for you all. I would never have gotten this far without you.

I'll have updates posted by a fellow forum member Erin,  after surgery. Thanks much for the well wishes. Keep the prayers coming!! Brenda aka Sobes is having her surgery tomorrow the 22nd in Madison Wisconsin. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy, Healthy 2010!!!!

Gingerbread 6  (Marie)

Lynn Mc

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 08:05:47 am »
Congats Jay!!  Glad to hear (no pun) all is well including your hearing!!   Take care & enjoy the holidays. 

Good Luck Marie.  Will be praying for you.

I will be joining the posties in 1 month!

Merry Christmas,

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"