Author Topic: Dec 9th at House, it's coming FAST!!!  (Read 8479 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Dec 9th at House, it's coming FAST!!!
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:28 pm »
Well all, I am now under the one week mark.  We leave out of here on Sunday, have some tests done on Monday and get to meet up with Tamster and Nancy and maybe Mike for lunch in Los Angeles.  Then more tests Tuesday and the Wednesday is the big day! Can't wait, but scared to death as well.  I've set up a caringbridge.org account so you all can get updates as they happen. I hope a lot of pics will be taken.  Anyways...you all have been wonderful and encouraging...in a few days I get to be a "Postie!" woohoo! :)  Take care you guys, and stay safe!
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

sgerrard

Re: Dec 9th at House, it's coming FAST!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:43 pm »
Have a great week! It will different for sure, but you will make it through.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:33:38 am »
I'm right behind you guys on the 14th at Shands in Gainesville, FL.  I'm cheering for you and I will keep up with your caringbridge site.  Best of luck and many prayers for a smooth operation and a fast recovery!

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:34:38 am »
P.S.  I LOVE the title of your caringbridge:  "The Tumor MUST Go!"  What a great mantra.   :D
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:04:37 am »
:) Thank you Lyn, I was kinda going on the theme from Moses, ya know..."Let my people go..." somehow not the same but it is what it is.  Good luck on yours, please keep us all update! :)
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

cin605

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:52:02 am »
Whishing u quick recoup n speedy op!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:10 pm »
Jaylogs;
The final countdown hits you hard when it get to your last couple of days. Thats what so great about this place, the sharing of knowledge. If you put enough effort into looking for what to expect, there should be no surprises and thats what helped me immensely. You seem to have done your homework and now it's time to leave it to the surgeons. A great group of surgeons I might add.

Good luck with your journey here and the journey that starts Wednesday. Your in great hands.

I will see you Monday.

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

cindyj

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »
Cheering you on, Jaylogs!  Very glad you will get to meet some folks in LA prior to your surgery - it is worth SO much!  Relax and "enjoy" your preop days,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ANrookie

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:11:50 am »
hi jaylogs,

just wanted to send my prayers and postive thoughts your way for a sucessful surgery and a speeady, uneventful recovery.  i'll be in your shoes 2 days later on the 11th.  i have faith we will be more than okay post-op.

have a safe trip out to LA.  the weather has been great out here so try to enjoy the sun before your big day.

take care,
cathy

Left side AN 1.5cm x 0.95 cm; Diagnosed 08/31/09        Retrosigmoid 12/11/09 Dr. Giannotta @USC University Hospital; Complete tumor removal; preserved nerve; facial weakness x3 months...smiling again :)

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 06:56:49 am »
Jay - Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!  Glad to hear you are meeting the LA gang (with the latest member Mike!)  They were so helpful in providing suggestions and alleviating many concerns.  Before you know it you will be joining us as a "postie".  And of course you are in my thoughts and prayers this week.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Tamster

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 08:39:55 am »
Hi Jay,
Guess we're both getting on a plane today to head to House for our surgeries this week. Good luck to you, too, Cathy on the 11th.   Positive thoughts coming your way as well.   Won't it be great to be on the postie side of things.?

All my bags are packed.. I'm ready to go........Leaving... on a jet plane.. Could we just fast forward a week???  :) No? It doesn't work that way? Rats!
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

jaylogs

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »
Thank you all for the warm wishes...I am most looking forward to getting this over with, as I am sure all you posties know! :)
Jay

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 05:03:08 pm »
Best wishes and thoughts of a speedy and stress free recovery.
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 10:04:51 pm »
Good luck, Jay!

You're in very good hands; I'm confident things will go well for you.

See you as a fellow postie!   ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:20 am »
My prayers are with you,

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.